Would you buy and investment property through Laing & Simmons?

Hi guys,
friends of ours are considering purchasing an investment property through Laing & Simmons. House & Land Packages in NSW, QLD and VIC.
They have asked for our opinion, but we could not help as we have not had any dealings with them. Personally I think they should rather do their own research or go through a good buyer's agent...
Is there anybody outside there who can give some feedback?

Hi guys,
friends of ours are considering purchasing an investment property through Laing & Simmons. House & Land Packages in NSW, QLD and VIC.
They have asked for our opinion, but we could not help as we have not had any dealings with them. Personally I think they should rather do their own research or go through a good buyer's agent...
Is there anybody outside there who can give some feedback?

Aren't they a real estate agency?

It doesn't who you buy from.

What is important is to do your research and due diligence.

Hiya

Quite a few of the agencies have investor arms targetting new stock sales.

Doesnt make them either good or bad, bcause these things are more often than not a case by case issue

Get ur friends to post some details and see what the good folk here think.

ta
rof

we bought our very first IP from L and S...
They were fairly high pressure, and once we'd signed they said they'd got the price of that apartment wrong, and we had to pay extra.
But it ended up being a good purchase and don't have any regrets. They managed the property mmt well.
Pen

I'm purchasing a property in Sydney through them at the moment. Apart from their insistence that I have to provide 10% of the purchase price as the deposit at the end of the cooling off period (which I am baulking at) I've had no issues.

I'm purchasing a property in Sydney through them at the moment. Apart from their insistence that I have to provide 10% of the purchase price as the deposit at the end of the cooling off period (which I am baulking at) I've had no issues.

This is standard practice, unless you negotiate a different % as deposit at the end of cooling off.

As for L&S, we've sold at acution with them and were very happy with the whole process. Have not bought through them though.

Hi Rocket Man,

Deposits are negotiable.
In fact, lots of things on the contract of sale are.
More than what an agent would have you think.

In terms of L&S - I'm with the do your own due diligence camp.

Cheers, Medine

Thank you to all that replied.
Apparently the agent mentioned Moreton Bay QLD, but they are waiting for detailed proposal with suburb suggestions etc...
Will be back with more details soon..:)

Back