Would you Buy in REDFERN?

Have you had a look at this place impala, or interested?
No & no. Did a quick search when looking at the thread & thought it stood out, with room to improve & add value..however I could be off/wrong.

...I had a look and it has water damage (you can see in the photos of the living room), quoted $100k - $300k to fix (would be up for 45% of this cost - strata entitlement)! Still looks interesting, but not sure whether to just steer clear of it because of the damage..thoughts?

Couldn't make a comment fairly. It would need a a thorough costs vs results analysis. Anyone else have decent experience with these?

Any opinion for 2 bedder unit capital growth in the next 5 years?

Any opinion for 2 bedder unit capital growth in the next 5 years?

I missed out on a 2 bedder in Redfern almost 2 years ago (2 years in July) which sold for $615k at the time. 3 weeks ago identical apartment sold for $850k, think the boat may have sailed, but who knows in this market..

There are several new apartments going up all over the place in Redfern and Waterloo, can be had off the plan from $750k and up

I bought in Redfern in 2007. The Block was yet to be razed but I knew I was getting great value and was happy to be able to buy an entire house for the price of a 2bdrm flat. I love proximity to city.

I want to point out that Cremore, Neutral Bay, western sydney has appreciated more since 07 than Redfern has - the price growth I am expecting has been quiet.

I keep a close eye on demographic change/gentrification and yes it's been happening for a while now, since 08-09, now theres loads cool cafes, lesbians etc etc -- but this has still not translated to exponential growth. I think it will soon. Still a good time to buy.

lesbians etc etc -- but this has still not translated to exponential growth.

clint-eastwood-gif.gif

I see quite a few young caucasian familes when I drive through Redfern these days (with young kids in strollers) especially near Redfern Park. Inner city living can't be that kid friendly but its a good sign of change....something I saw little of 15-20 years ago.

The shopping strip in Redfern Street still needs to be a bit more lively. Had a fair bit of activity when the clothing factory shops moved here (as they were priced out of Surry Hills) however these have mostly moved to cheaper locations.

I finally worked out what the Martian Embassy in Redfern Street is all about. Was considering sending a few of my more difficult immigration clients there to apply for visas.

http://www.sydneystoryfactory.org.au/martian-embassy-open-for-intergalactic-business/

I am actively looking for investment property in Redfern

Redfern CG has been very strong in last 5 years, even in those apartment. I am just wondering whether to buy the near new apartment next to red fern station or unrenovated terrace house nearby?

Near New Apartment: good rental return/hassle free/negative gearing

Terrace house: CG usually better than apartment but no tax benefits and worse cash flow

Back