Would you create a website for your IP?

Buyers wont want to part with the money upfront - agents however could work. The only viable way I could see your concept working is to deal directly with the agents - get them to push it to their clients and split the profit.

Now THAT could make sense. I think newspaper advertising for property is useless, but if the agent says 'part of our advertising campaign is to have a link on the re.com ad that links to a detailed website', I might be interested. But that's not much different from just improving the quality of the ad.

I still don't see how registering myaddress.com.au would be useful. If I don't sell a property in a few weeks, I'm not going to think 'maybe a website will help'. I'm thinking 'maybe I should just lower the price' or just pull the property.

Bottom line: buyers don't google 'property for sale at suburb'. Even when google has its own property directory, it's more likely going to look like domain or re. Still think Vahsi is trying to force a solution on a problem that doesn't exist. What, someone is going to cybersquat all the variations of 5 million property addresses?
Alex

I really doubt anyone would fairly judge any of my ideas after being defamed by you guys. I repeat, the thread was not made for the purpose to self promote, how can I self promote or sell something if i'm not even sure whether it will work or not. Finally if I didn't have such a link in my footer, I really doubt I would've been flamed by these old timers.

It's really easy to defame and flame someone, especially if you're well known in the community with plenty of posts and threads. Is anyone willing to apologise for wrongly acusing me of selling / self promoting in this thread? (I really doubt it) And surprise surprise, the people who have been flaming are web developer or are most likely to be web developers!?!?

Anyways, I apologise to anyone and everyone who I have offended. I was simply seeking feedback on an idea to add value to a property with the use of WWW. But I feel I have been ridiculed and bullied too much to contribute to this forum, I guess I will simply be reading from this forum as I need to from this point onwards. I wanted to introduce the idea of a website+multiple apartment owners, but what's the point. Please can a moderator close/delete this thread.

Thanks.

Settle, petal. Yeah, you've been given a bit of a hard time, but I for one, wanted to hear your reasoning on why YOU thought it would work; what "gap" in property marketing it filled.

For the types of properties I look at/for, I can't see myself finding your website(s) (without a link from re.com for example). But the idea has merit... for the "right" type of property, perhaps.

im looking to apologise for accusing you of self promoting like you are looking to acknowledge the good ideas in this thread.

I still think you were self promoting by the way - hoping for a response like "omg thats an awesome idea! Sign me and my 10 properties up now! how much is it? $2,000 each? bargain!!" etc.

vahsi000, I think you have taken the remarks here too personally. My post was to warn you that some members will get quite nasty about self promoting, I couldn't care less unless there was some ugly spamming going on. I would rather see someone like you trying to come up with some ideas like this than read some other rubbish on here. Anyway there are plenty of self promoters on this forum, they are just a bit more discreet or crafty and I'm sure they make a fortune from this forum.

In fact there was recently a thread about someone asking where they could find resources for property investing tools. I suggested my own site without even linking to it and before that others had shamelessly plugged several of their own websites with Google Adsense ads scattered all over the pages. Guess what, my post was deleted with the words 'Deleted for self promotion" even though it was not my intention. Someone had contacted a moderator and asked for my post to be deleted even though there were much worse posts before mine. So my point here is that there are quite a few members that will go out of their way to stop you doing anything that slightly resembles self promotion, but there are people like this everywhere. There are tons more great members here as well.

Now back to what you are talking about. As I said in my first post, this idea of myhouseinmystreet.com.au etc is not really going to work unless it's a multi million dollar mansion. Members should look at owning a website that they can list all of their own properties on. Read my earlier post again!

I feel no shame promoting my business as long as I stay within the forum rules.

i'm not really promoting a product/service, i'm just merely asking for peoples opinion. When it comes my signature, i have seen quite a few business owners putting their links into there signature "naturally".

You can probably see why people think you're promoting your business. Where would people go to create a website for their property, a business such as yours perhaps?

I really doubt anyone would fairly judge any of my ideas after being defamed by you guys. I repeat, the thread was not made for the purpose to self promote, how can I self promote or sell something if i'm not even sure whether it will work or not. Finally if I didn't have such a link in my footer, I really doubt I would've been flamed by these old timers.

FWIW, my comments would have been the same about the individual property website idea, I hadn't even looked at your link until making this post.

I can't see it working they way you envision with people finding them off Google searches. For it to work for most mainstream properties, it would need to be used in conjunction with an agents listings on REA.com etc.

Back