Would you pay for....

The "letting fee" thread has sparked my curiousity.

If you have agent managed IPs what do you expect to get for the commission you pay them, and what (if any) little "extras" does this include?

Gee, I expect the world, from my local one, especially. I pay nothing extra than my 5.5% management fee, letting fee (just for the original lease) and "petties" and in return I get rent collection, inspections, tribunal visits, insurance claims etc. In more than one occasion she has gone above and beyond what her job entails.

Gee, I expect the world, from my local one, especially. I pay nothing extra than my 5.5% management fee, letting fee (just for the original lease) and "petties" and in return I get rent collection, inspections, tribunal visits, insurance claims etc. In more than one occasion she has gone above and beyond what her job entails.
Good for you skater, we must choose agents who think alike, because mine are equally as professional and don't need the added "incentives" for them to do their job.

Cheers,
Jo
P.S. I was trying to delete this thread, but I couldn't so I guess I'm stuck with it (unless the mods will remove it) as I'm really over this topic.

I expect a reply to my email requesting my monthly statement when they forget to provide it one month... 2 weeks later after advising them its a legal requirement then they replied :/

Monopoly

Purchased property from agent some years ago.

He has never charged me a letting fee in all the time he has rented it.

He does take his commission, on a regular basis and screens prospective tenants for me, only gives me good ones, and generally looks after me.

Slim:)

Our local one charges so much and they let my tenant get thousands behind in rent at their old house so they don't offer anything for the money. And of course the discussion I had with them about what the tenants did at their old house was all free because I wasn't a client ...

I currently pay $1.98 per fortnight for Centerlink to collect the rent for me and probably should go inspect the house one day to make sure it is still there, although given the nature of the area they'd have to do a phenomenal amount of damage to devalue it much, houses are all worth the same there completely irrespective of their condition - nicer houses are actually harder to sell.

That agent charges $35 per inspection, plus more for sending out paperwork afterwards.

Back