Would you riot if your country was up the *****?

First world economic refugees is an interesting concept Aaron.

i see it as a very real possibility.

then we have "first world" people, who are nothing more than economic refugees, coming to Australia.

which is amusing, because those against "boat people" seem to think that if they're on the boat for economic reasons, then it's not on and theyshould be sent back.

i guess we'll see Australia's true racist colours shine through eventually.

i see it as a very real possibility.

then we have "first world" people, who are nothing more than economic refugees, coming to Australia.

Well Ireland is first world and there are plenty of economic refugees coming from there. They are allowed to work for 6 months for one employor just with a working tourist visa so very easy for them to come here, and they are in droves.

Well Ireland is first world and there are plenty of economic refugees coming from there. They are allowed to work for 6 months for one employor just with a working tourist visa so very easy for them to come here, and they are in droves.

180,000 in the dec quarter alone left the emerald isle.

Their's is a bit pointless now because Gov' does have to do whatever it can to get back on it's feet , without knowing the specific cutbacks . Schools and health should always be up kept though because they're essentials & building blocks, too important and too hard to rebuild, so if that's what they've hacked who could blame them.

I'd riot in OZ against things they are forcing us to become except I'd be alone so that'd be pointless. But it's about bloody time the follow the leader Aussie mentality stopped letting our idiot gov's tell us how to live and found a bit of back bone. I wish we had their fire .

Cheers

Last edited:
There's is a bit pointless because the Gov' does have to do whatever it can to get back on it's feet , without knowing the specific cutbacks . Schools and health should always be up kept though they're both a must have , too important and too hard to rebuild,so if that's what they've hacked who could blame them.

I'd riot in OZ except I'd be alone so that'd be pointless but it's about bloody time us follow the leader Aussies stopped letting our idiot gov's tell us how to live and found a bit of back bone. I wish we had their fire .

Cheers

People are demonstrating and protesting and everything that goes with that unfortunately when they are serious because they see the government yet again screwing the people over with tougter living standaads with these austerity measures, while it was not the people's fault alone.. Who created these pension schemes in Greece and all the other issues ? who let things run for as long as they have been ? Who deals with economic issues ? the people on the streeet or those in charge ? Yet the people see the government screwing over the people, who are already living on low wages. they can count, they can't comprehened how the measures will help, but they comprehend exactly what it might mean to their lives. Greeks, today's Greeks have seen tough times, they understand that better than us (which is a very good thing for us), so they speak out.

Don't know how much of that made sense

Yeah right.

The idiotic irony of governments is that they can ruin countries with their experiments or hopeless mismanagement , or send their people off to "their" wars & ideals , where they'll get killed or involuntarily tangled up in other countries issues the people themselves want nothing to do with , or force their new laws down our throats , and when it all turns to mush that Gov just walks off Scot free and still onto a pension plan the rest of us can only dream about. I'll bet they aren't personally sacrificing that in Greece either.

If the rest of us did things like that though we'd be in prison. Crazy old world .

Spent some time with the inlaws last week. Bro in law does maintenance work for a Greek shipping tycoon on a very large (and over the top gaudy) historical house, surrounded by several thousand hectares. The house is decked out in the most expensive manner imaginable (great swathes of marble, gold and crystal).

Apparently tycoon owns properties all over the world, flits between them, pays no Greek income tax, gave his daughter a oil ship for her 21st etc etc.

The bolding explains why the country is up the clacker.

It'll be good when the government austerity measures fix up the problem you bolded lizzie.

Unfortunatley, a whole bnch of a national poplation reckon thers'' a good chance that they won't fix the problem bt make life more difficlt for the masses

Chris or Con not payig full income tax on their 17,500 euor's they earn per annum is not, I don't believe, the issue that is the major cause or the solution to these problems. But the measures and the throwing of blame, appear to focus on them.

Hence people protest about it rather than lie down

Back