Would you sell in Brisbane atm?

I have a 3/1/0 in Stafford Heights on a Main Road. Have been looking to sell this property and was wondering if people currently in the area believe that the market is timed to sell hard stock (eg. a House on a Main Rd)?

A realestate agent believes I could get $450-480k? Is this realistic. From my research I think $420k is more realistic.

Your thoughts and knowledge is much appreciated.

I have a 3/1/0 in Stafford Heights on a Main Road. Have been looking to sell this property and was wondering if people currently in the area believe that the market is timed to sell hard stock (eg. a House on a Main Rd)?

A realestate agent believes I could get $450-480k? Is this realistic. From my research I think $420k is more realistic.

Your thoughts and knowledge is much appreciated.

Did the agent provide you with some recent sales to back up his figure?

How did you obtain your $420k figure?

Could be a case of trying to get the listing....

I'm no expert, but by my understanding of market dynamics, holding Brisbane assets is great right now.

I thought the selling point would be in a few years, not now.

Kinda like Sydney - 2 years.

Did the agent provide you with some recent sales to back up his figure?

How did you obtain your $420k figure?

Could be a case of trying to get the listing....

Yeah she provided 3 recent sales. $378k, $550k and $560k. All were within 300m of my house and 2 were on the main st.

I monitor the prices on a monthly basis and what I have found is that the price is usually $50k minus the median.

I'm no expert, but by my understanding of market dynamics, holding Brisbane assets is great right now.

I thought the selling point would be in a few years, not now.

Kinda like Sydney - 2 years.

I agree C Stewart. I just want to get rid of the property. It might go up another 50k, but its not worth my time. Well I dont think so anyway. Its an unknown.

Yeah she provided 3 recent sales. $378k, $550k and $560k. All were within 300m of my house and 2 were on the main st.

I monitor the prices on a monthly basis and what I have found is that the price is usually $50k minus the median.

How recent were the sales?

How did your property compare to the 3 properties?

Pretty big gap $182k between the 3 sales.

If you are not getting too greedy price wise they are selling very well.
If you are happy to pm me the address I will see if there is any development upside in the new plan that could help.

I'm looking to put a property on the market in chermside later in the year do have been watching prices in the area quite closely. Low end stock looks to be selling at first open for the majority.

I think mid4s is quite realistic. Lots of Sydney investors wanting to buy anything in Brisbane and like the idea of the north side.

Hi
I live in Brisbane northside. Been to a lot of open homes since March. Everything thats good value being snapped up quick smart. That said I am hoping that prices do go up in the next couple of years because we haven't had a lot of growth yet. I viewed this place: 3 Valis St, Aspley.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-aspley-116219083
Sold for $430K within 2 days of first open home -Close to Gympie rd, Albany Creek Rd and Maundrell Tce- 3 extremely busy noisy roads.
Cheers, nat

Last edited:
Back