Would you spend more money on your IPs (water-saving devices, etc)to save the planet?

Would you spend more money on your IPs (water-saving devices, etc)to save the planet?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 65.4%

• Total voters
It's also in artesian basins, and in rocks too. I was amazed when on our safari in Central Aust the guide told us that the trees that grew on the side of canyons/mountains and tops of plateaus etc got their water from ancient sources trapped inside the rock when the inland sea dried up.

Our current reno is very green, and it hasn't cost much more. Plus, the council won't tick it off unless it complies with environmental standards. One of the easiest ways to green your house is to replace those horrible halogen downlights or incandescent bulbs with fluro ones, and install insulation and a roof whirly-bird. Changing from electricity to gas is also good, as is installing a water-tank. We have also installed a simple grey-water switch so that laundry water etc can go onto the garden.

My IP's are pretty green too - no aircon, no dishwasher, water saving shower-heads, gas hot water/stove...

the main abusers of water and carbon outputs are business - personal households contribute less than 1% of the problem in australia so making an effort at great expense is a waste of money, imo.

not trying to start an argument, but may I ask where you got that figure from?

Back