Would you still invest in melbourne?

After reading todays article in The Age, would you still invest in melbourne? If so where?

Suddenly golden state is looking rusty again
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/07/1062901941352.html

A year ago, Victoria was the nation's pin-up economy. If Australia was the world's miracle economy then it would have been fair to call Victoria Australia's miracle state. Victoria was comfortably outpacing Australia in terms of building activity, retail, jobs and business investment.

But things have changed. Victoria is now lagging the nation in 15 out of 16 key economic measures surveyed by The Age, including lower growth in business investment, construction, retail sales, exports and jobs.

If I could afford it, I'd still be buying in some areas of Melbourne, but not for cashflow - which is why I can't really afford it :(

There are still some areas which loads of potential and are still reasonably priced when compaired with other areas. Almost all of Melbourne has had significant growth, but I think there are still places with more growth avaiable. There are also areas which you'd be mad to invest in.

Back