wow..that was fun - mission accomplished.

W

WebBoard

Hey there all,

I know, I know. By now you're all sick of hearing me rambling on about those apartments in Yarraville and the discount I was trying to obtain by getting some investors in with me.

Well, I did it! Other than my own, five other contracts were signed yesterday and today and we all received an average discount of around $20,000 off the asking price for each apartment.

I must say it was an interesting learning experience, but well worth it. Negotiating with developers is rather painful - a little like bedroom games with a cheese grater. *grins*

So, thanks to all for your support/queries/feedback. I've achieved my objective and will now sit back for a little while and let the mysterious powers we call capital growth do their thing.

Last I spoke with the developer, there were five apartments left...and he's willing to honour the discount to others, if they're interested.

As for me??...a good bottle of red awaits.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Thanks again Dave. To quote Big Kev 'I'm Excited!' Signed the contracts and handed over 5% deposit. As Dave says, time to kick back and wait for the economy to grow whilst enjoying that old bottle of red.

Relatively painless due to Dave's efforts. The fear factor almost gone in one day. Aint no stopping us now.

To quote another organization 'Don't think it! Just do it!"

Grant

Reply: 1.1

My pleasure Grant, and everyone else.

Once negotiations were finalised, it all happened so fast and went quite smoothly.
I've received about 50 emails regarding this over the last week or two. I've achieved my goal, so I'd kinda like to have this stop now. For the sake of not repeating myself individually to all future emails, there is ONE apartment left - a 2 bedder, 2 car spaces, expected rent $340 - $360 per week. The developer has agreed to honour the discount offered to me, and the investors that have contacted me, for another week.

So, please don't contact me unless you are interested in the above apartment. I'd be happy to talk to anyone about it, but would like to now distance myself from all this now.

Cheers,

Dave
:)

Reply: 1.1.1

Well done Dave and Gang.
You have certainly got into a good area there I know several people who have done very nicely in Yarraville.
Its nice to see people set a goal and reach it.

Back