wow the prices

hi all

I have just come back from brissy and wow the prices
i looked around eaglby, you can,t get any thing under 140k the agents were still working at 10pm and what ever is there now is gone tomorrow .

i have a relo that lives there ,they bought their house almost 3 years now ,
and now its priced at 200k

So on i went to ipswich ,,,,,pricy still ,and then onto tawoomba

real nice place compared to ipswich but still nothing under 100k ,
there is new development half way between the two ,that i found was the only resonable ones 120k new 4 beda with good land

dont know how far these prices are going to go :eek:

$140k, I can't get anything under $250k. I remember selling houses for 80-90k in my area just 3 years ago. I sold a house at Meymot St Banyo for $100,000 in Feb 2001 (32 perch, 2 title, lowset weatherboard in rundown condition). Same property today would fetch 250k probably more. I just sold a property in Nudgee not far from there also on 32 perch for $295,000.

And it still doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing.

As you said addicted, Queensland - listed one day, sold the next. :D

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Kevin

what is your take on Nudgee, especially Nudgee Beach?

It seems to be a forgotten part of town, but also seems to demand and hold a good price (best of both worlds).

Originally posted by dynamite
Kevin

what is your take on Nudgee, especially Nudgee Beach?

It seems to be a forgotten part of town, but also seems to demand and hold a good price (best of both worlds).

Hi Dynamite,

I'll address them seperately as they are two very different suburbs. Nudgee is like the rest of Brisbane, experiencing the same high growth but with added value based on The recent opening of the Earnshaw College P12 school and the University. It has all the facilities (including the Nudgee cemetry, everyone's dying to live there:D - ohh ok it's a worn out joke but I'm getting tired) and is less than 10km to the city.

Nudgee Beach is difficult to predict. It is on the water but has no infrastructure as such and because there is so few houses, there are few sales to show comparisons by. You could get a great price for a property one day but the next sale might be so long after it has no real bearing on the market. This could work for you either way but still makes it unpredictable.

If waterfront is a motivating factor I would suggest Sandgate or Shorncliffe. Something tells me it is a sleeping giant, I predicted that when I posted the waterfront property I had for sale and nothing has happened to change my mind since. I know I will regret not buying that one myself.

Happy hunting guys.

Kev

looked at a few in the last 18mths @ nudgee beach, forgotten ?, forget it, they move quickly and don't come cheaply. I still like the spot but the limited no. of properties means not that many come onto the market that often, when they do they don't last.
astroboy.

Kev, I *do* like the area, and the property you had on offer, gotta admit though, I don't think i've seen another that cop't so much crit. on caveat emptor still I bet your buyer isn't complaining.
astroboy

Originally posted by astroboy
Kev, I *do* like the area, and the property you had on offer, gotta admit though, I don't think i've seen another that cop't so much crit. on caveat emptor still I bet your buyer isn't complaining.
astroboy

Trust me the support I received far outwayed the criticism. I had a heap of pm's on that one. I learnt a lesson though, unfortunately I won't be posting good investments again.

The owner and buyer are very happy and are both very nice ppl.
People like them are why I love RE.

Thanx Astro.

Kev

Back