Wrap story in todays SMH

likewow said:
Of course Sim, every transaction has mutual responsibilty . But i dont think its that simplistic. There are certain circumstances that cloud that issue, like an inability to meet those repayments and the fact that the majority of wrappees wouldnt be the sharpest knife in the draw, financially, legally or otherwise.

Dear All

Just a comment about this part of the post, whether someone is a sharp knife or not doesnt have much to do with whether they are responsible for there actions when it comes to the contracts they sign.

The only times where you may not be bound by contracts you enter into include:
  1. if you were a minor at the time of signing
  2. you were mentally ill, disabled or incapacitated at the time of signing the contract
  3. in come cases people who have been declared bankrupt are limited in there ability to enter into a contract
  4. you have been pressured into the contract unduly or false representations have been made

At some point people have to take responsibility for there actions, and if they enter into these kinds of agreements, and don't comply with the contract conditions, then they have to expect that there will be consequences.

How long should Yuch have left the situation as it was, with the other party to the contract not complying with the contract conditions?

Cheers

Corsa

I work in the 9 newsroom in Melbourne, and I can assure you that the financial interests of the sales department, or the fortunes of our advertisers, NEVER play a part in our story selection.
:rolleyes:

Oh Jesus!

It's all about financial interests. You only have to look at the major story of our time - Schappelle Corby. As soon as Channel 9 tied up the rights to her story they have delivered selective and biased coverage to the point where anything but total innocence is seen as an horrific injustice. But then again, I guess the story of a guilty girl wouldn’t have as much staying power. I mean, you couldn’t drag and stretch and regurgitate it across weeks and weeks of ratings. Who wants to tune into a guilty verdict right?

Please dude, wake up and look at the bigger picture – its all about the moolah.

Acey's right on the money!

likewow said:
Of course Sim, every transaction has mutual responsibilty . But i dont think its that simplistic. There are certain circumstances that cloud that issue, like an inability to meet those repayments and the fact that the majority of wrappees wouldnt be the sharpest knife in the draw, financially, legally or otherwise.

But aren't these same people allowed to join the armed forces, teach our children & provide other vital services to the rest of us?

If they are a functioning adult in our society they should be able to understand the concept of consequences.

I work in the 9 newsroom in Melbourne, and I can assure you that the financial interests of the sales department, or the fortunes of our advertisers, NEVER play a part in our story selection.

That's good to hear (whoever said it) - but can you honestly say that ratings are less important than telling a story?

We've seen senior management at all the commercial stations fired when ratings slip.

Technically this is not linked to the financial interests of the sales department, but in actual fact there is a relationship.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I did state that for long term success in business, 100% honesty and integrity is required and i stand by that
You obviously haven't read biographies on Kerry Packer, Murdoch, Rockefellas, etc.

it's all about "perceived" honesty...

Back