Wraps

Hi,

I am based in Melbourne and am in the process of wrapping an existing investment property so that I can increase my cashflow.

I want to know what I need to do to be compliant with UCCC laws and other legal matters. Is there a form that both I and the purchaser can sign to be compliant?

Also.. the purchaser may want to lodge a caveat on the title to "register their interest" in the property until they refinance in a year or two. I need to know if lenders get notified when caveats are lodged on titles to properties whom they have financed. I do not want my lender to find out I am wrapping the property as they may decide that I am breaking the mortgage agreement and call on the loan within 30 days. I purchased the property as a regular investmen without knowing that I will wrap it therefore there has been no disclosure.

One last question,

The purchaser has offerred to pay a deposit in cash and has asked for me to list the purchase price as the remaining loan amount so that they can save on stamp duty when refinancing. Should I be concerned about this?

Thank You.

Hi Prince
I'd recommend that you sit down with a lawyer experienced in wraps and they'll ensure you do it properly!
I won't post any names or numbers here, but you can check out the wraps assn at www.financewraps.asn.au or alternatively private message me and I'll pass on a couple of names.

You could wrap using a lease option instead of an installment contract. This would avoid the problem of disclosure. And it could be structured to work like a PI loan.

I don't think the lender would find about the caveat if it is lodge after settlement.

Hi Prince,

I have done two wraps using Lewis O'Brien (Melbourne). I found him extremely efficient and he sure knows his stuff when it comes to WRAP contracts.

I'ts also a lot easier if you get him to do the conveyancing as well as you avoid doubling up on various costs.

Last WRAP contract was $660

His web site is http://www.lawyer4nix.com.au/mainpage.html

Hope this helps.

Neale

Prince,

Perhaps I'm naive however my view is that you should never do things under the carpet as at the end of the the only thing you have is your integrity.

Back