WTF Agents rap video to sell the house???

These sort of tactics are popping up a lot recently. They must have all attended the same quirky REA sales workshop.

Cheers

Jamie

Yes, it is tacky, but I love it!

The originality of this will make it be seen by a whole lot more people than would otherwise look at it, & it's memorable too.

Yes, it is tacky, but I love it!

The originality of this will make it be seen by a whole lot more people than would otherwise look at it, & it's memorable too.

These types of videos don't seem to work unless they can get news coverage. A while ago there was a SC one stripped down to his undies to show you the property because it was so hot. He made the paper and hits were really high. He uses these for a lot of properties. When you looked at his you tube channel it only had a hundred or so hits for other properties with vids.

They're just another way for agents to relieve vendors of cash.

Have to say that's one of the best things I've seen from an Agent! Good luck to him, hope it sells well.

Guess it's marketing because now all of you have seen it and you likely wouldn't have... but does it mean any of us is going to have any interest in the property... I think not.

Very unique. I wonder if the property belongs to he selling rea or someone from their office. Henley Beach is nowhere near Ridgehaven.

Thought you would have seen that earlier Brady.

When it came out a month or so ago, he ended up being on Today Tonight or some other rubbish if I remember correctly.

Thought you would have seen that earlier Brady.

When it came out a month or so ago, he ended up being on Today Tonight or some other rubbish if I remember correctly.

Tend not to watch those programs usually absolute rubbish :)

This video has been linked here before - I've seen it before.

It would get the listing a lot more publicity than it would otherwise get. I do question if it potentially helps out the agent themselves publicity wise, rather than assists the vendor. Especially once the video gets mainstream media coverage.

I commend the agent for thinking out side of the box but I think his execution was extremely poor.

Personally, the video and song make me cringe and do more to make the agent look unprofessional and attention seeking rather than professional whilst showing the property off ...at the expense of the vendor's budget.

Here's one that kind of works imho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25S76myXwxQ

Here's another but it fails to show the property:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nChMxLPACb8

I guess though that all PR Actually Is Good PR (Except If You're Already Famous)

I watched about half of it (that was more than enough) and it was exactly as I expected it to be: really, really daggy, cringeworthy, and poorly produced. If I was actually interested in the property I'd be embarrassed to have anything to do with it. It would put me off.

From an advertising and marketing point of view (my field of expertise) it doesn't make any sense unless you are marketing to a very specific and very narrow target audience (cashed up boganish 18 to 25 year olds who are into rap and/or might appreciate the bad humour)

My question is: is the video about selling the property and getting a better result for the vendor or is it really a shameless self-promotional **** by the in-poor-taste agent?

Back