www.my-portfolio.com.au

Hi

I have seen a few buyer agent names & the like bandied around the forums but not these guys. Just wondering why this name seems to be completely absent. I also tried a general Google for reviews, opinions & came up nil too, so it's got my curiosity. Has anyone used them & have any thoughts good or bad?

PS - mostly just curiosity as we are ready to pounce & have pretty much decided to go the BA route but already virtually settled on someone else.

Cheers

Edit - interesting they are not listed on rebaa.com.au/members/ either

Last edited:
How did you come across them?

If you already have someone in mind, why would you consider using someone else, especially without a personal recommendation?

Have you tried looking up information about their parent company "mydomaine Pty Ltd" ?

How about the founding directors Greg Clack & Shelley Clack ?

Not being listed on REBAA does not necessarily mean anything - membership is voluntary.

I'm not sure they really are buyers agents though - at least not in the traditional sense (ie client comes with brief, buyers agent sources suitable property). I think they are more closely a property marketing company - they seem to research properties (and property funds!) first and then recommend these to their clients. At least that's what I can gather from their website.

I'm not sure how they can offer advice on property funds without being a licensed financial advisor though - don't know how that works.

From their services guide:

MYPORTFOLIO is licensed to give advice and deal in real property and on certain
managed property funds.

MYPORTFOLIO charges their Clients portfolio management fees, for our professional
services. Where any of the Sellers/Fund Managers we recommend to our Clients offer to
pay a ‘referrer’ fee or commission, this is 100% rebated to the client or offset against our
fees to our client.

Thanks for your views Sim

How did you come across them? >> They've been hitting radio ads a fair bit in Perth of late.

... why would you consider using someone else ... >> as said "curiosity", so I wasn't really, not seriously. Just wondered why there appears to be no (user perspective) reference to them either on SS or on the wider web. A name that is completely absent of any comment or reviews often makes me as unsettled as if a name had a bad rep.

Having a better look at their Website About Us / Services & Services Guide, I see what you mean "not in the traditional sense". To me the Radio ad makes the offering sound a bit different.

Anyway - just thought it'd be worth a comment "if" anyone on here had actually had dealings with them as much for anyone else looking in Perth as for me personally.

Thanks again
Cheers

More importantly, it will be interesting to see if a first time poster, who comes on and starts talking about a particular company, hangs around... Hopefully you do.

It's not unusual that there might be little history or google information for a marketing/financial services company, often marketing companies can be relatively newly formed and there are a great many of them, so it's just maths! Having a look at the website and business owner and tracing that can sometimes lead to an interesting story.

Finding out where they get paid, and how much, can be a good indication of loyalty.

Back