Wyndham Vale/Truganina/Tarneit Precinct.

Property purchased in Tarneit

Hi All,

I have been a silent member on this forum (i.e. logging in every night and going through the forums).

I have just put an offer on a property in Tarneit in the Rose Grange Estate (one of the popular ones) and it has been accepted.

Its close to Baden powell college, 1.7 kms from Thomas Carr College, 1.1 kms to the proposed tarneit station and 700 m from the proposed shopping centre in Tarneit.

Property is currently rented at 300 pw and purchase price is in the range of 340-350K.

Its a 3 + study, 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms, 2 garage and approx 21 sqs. Land 435 sq m.

Any ideas of whether its fair price, or its a bargain?

Any feedback would be appreciated from the SS members or people staying in Tarneit or nearby areas.

Tvadera,

It is hard to tell without looking at the location, the shape of the block, is it facing the junction, how is the layout etc.

Regardless of these, since you have made the purchase, do not look back and start to puzzle whether it was a good deal. Look forward and enjoy your purchase :)

Hi Camry,

Its a regular block and only today offer has been accepted.

I have got it from an interstate investor, its still subject o finance and bldg and pest inspection report.

planning for 105% finance. (fingers crossed), have enough equity in the current PPOR to go for that option.

Do you hold interest in the area?

Hi,

Any ideas on whether if the Regional rail link (RRL) project gets canned, would it have downward pressure n house prices in wyndham vale, tarneit?

Based on population in these areas, it makes sense to go ahead with this development, however politics is a dirty game as we all know.

It is definitely a location where demand is much higher than supply. Scarcity and a new Marina development are sure to increase prices in this suburb, only 30km from the CBD.

Scarcity?? around Wyndham vale/trigania/tarneit?? All I see are vast tracts of land still waiting to be developed.

Tarneit and Wyndham Vale are set to get Metro stations soon.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/houses-to-go-for-new-regional-rail-link-20100712-107b1.html

Will it push the realty prices now in these areas.:confused:

Just wondering if you actually read that piece of old new? Its not metro, as the article states, its REGIONAL rail link, i.e. V/Line.

and over the last few weeks it seems the state government is looking for reasons to back out of actually building this... something to do with an underestimate of about $800mil.

South Morang train line is on its way to completion....would have been even better if the rail extension will be further developed to Mernda! However chances are unlikely as the budget is running short!

As for the new Regional Rail train lines...might still be a while before it happens...if it happens!

Hi All,

Has any one being to regional rail link community sessions held at tarniet community centre?

Latest I have heard is contractors have been shortlisted and currently there are sessions held to have community say and collect feedback.

Any one aware of any other developement happening in Tarneit area? (schools, or any other infrastructure coming?).

I had contacted Rose Grange estate developer's office and latest is plans and permits are ready for shopping centre in rose grange

Regards,
TV

Will be interesting to see how suburbs in this pocket perform compared to Frangerz growth wise over the next 10 or so years

I notice its an old thread. Between, Tarneit, Wyndham Vale and Trugannina, I would rank them ( 1,2,3) in that order.

The train stations are ready and train service is due to commence early 2015.
What many people are not aware of is that even though its V/Line , the peak frequency is pretty decent and the fare will be just your normal Zone 2 (myki) fare and much less stops on the way to city.

What I like for Tarneit most (along these three) is that it provides you with easy access to City via multiple routes, to Airport/ northern suburbs , very close to Billion dollar upgrade Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre ( new Village Cinema, Myers, Target etc).

Tarneit also has got better access to better and established schools in the area (Hoppers Crossing/Werribee) and medical centres. The relatively more established areas of Tarneit between Heaths and Hogans Road (still less than 10 yrs old houses) , I have seen the properties gets tenanted within a week, it falls in school zones of a number of established schools and even good private/catholic schools near by and a new coles shopping centre for Tarneit West, A very short walk to the Werribee River. Compared to Point Cook, no peak time traffic issues. Good potential IMO.

A brand new shopping centre is also coming up next to Tarneit Train Station. Plenty of Coles , Woolies, Aldis near by. If you last visited Tarneit 3-4 years ago, you may not recognize it as the same suburb.

It always amuses me to read the lies being put out by shonky land spruikers.

Especially when the facts are so easily obtainable.

This area is not immune to such nefarious activities.

Take this piece of puffery http://kingsleigh.com.au/newspaper/...e1/files/assets/common/downloads/page0006.pdf

To be kind we'll leave the comparisons between Werribee and St Kilda and Brunswick out.

But note the picture of the electric train at what is purportedly Wyndham Vale station.

Unfortunately it's a fake. Wyndham Vale has no wires. Instead it will be served by diesel V/Lines from Geelong rather than the electric trains pictured. The difference is the former are less frequent and don't go into the City Loop. It's a big upgrade when services start but not a full suburban service (*).

Just in case you thought that was an accidental slip-up, the untruths continue in the text.

"Tarneit is 25 kilometres from Melbourne; just 20 minutes by train."

Wrong. Actually 28 - 30 min (or nearly 50% longer) according to the timetable at:
http://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/june21tim...rain-and-coach-network/geelong-line/view/1745

If they can't get the basic facts right, I wonder what else this outfit is economical with?

(*) Apparently the station pictured is Mitcham - a solid eastern suburb 50km away with much dearer house prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back