xbox1 vs ps4

gents,
both have been unveiled today
I am a long time Sony fan however I intended to review both before purchasing.
After today's review I think I will be sticking with Sony.

Any thoughts from fellow gamers

I'm not a gamer myself, however I have been given an indepth run down by my son in the car every morning for the last few weeks (he'll laugh at me for writing this). :)

Lots of negatives for the Xbox:
- can only use the game once. Game is stored on your hard drive permanently which limits ability to trade pre-owned games
- Have to turn on the Kinnect to play
- have to log onto internet within 24 hrs to play

Sony are bringing out a new Kingdom Hearts (apparently important).
can still trade games and dont have to connect to internet.

I'm not a gamer myself, however I have been given an indepth run down by my son in the car every morning for the last few weeks (he'll laugh at me for writing this). :)

- can only use the game once. Game is stored on your hard drive permanently which limits ability to trade pre-owned games

pretty much yes and I agree with the young fella

WOW!

Why would anyone buy this console? Does anyone have the specs for the two consoles?

Is the Xbox gonna own the PS4 on graphics or computing power, or have Microsoft finally won the Capitalist Pig crown?

Microsoft is going all in with the online option. It may not appeal to the mature gamer but is likely to appeal to the younger gamers.... although the licensing is nonsense & is definitley the achilles heel in the whole package.

It may be that Microsoft is going to yield some ground back to Sony due to their over zealous Apple-esque licensing and hardware controls... I definitely wouldn't consider the new Xbox primarily because of this.

I have switched between them over the years.

It seems to me it will either be playstation or pc in the future.
But i will look into these further and their release dates for aus.

Sony threw 3 detrimental blows tonight:

1. US$399 price point (perhaps AU$549 because Aussies always get screwed)
2. No used games restrictions
3. No online requirement

This is an easy choice because Sony put out a superior deal. Their pricing really drove the final nail home.

PS4%20price-580-75.jpg

Both? Seriously though, plenty of games are tied exclusively to their respective platforms which mean most serious gamers will buy both as they did with the prior generations.

Although if I had to choose I would go PS4. In reality with a new bub and my business it would be a complete waste of money. I still have sealed copies of the new tomb raider and Hitman in my drawer.

Still cant wait for GTA V though :D

Man I used to love playing my PS3, now a days the wife doesn't appreciate me coming home and playing for 8 hours straight whilst a 2 year old runs around and destroys the place....PS4 would just gather dust until my daughter is old enough to be player 2....

Microsoft's goal is to have all their software on a "cloud", that way piracy is very difficult and naughty users can be banned quite easily. Also with their DRM it prevents games being sold and forces consumers to pay the retail price every time. yay capitalism!

Both? Seriously though, plenty of games are tied exclusively to their respective platforms which mean most serious gamers will buy both as they did with the prior generations.

Still cant wait for GTA V though :D

I have a PS3 although don't play it all that much. Grand Theft Auto (brilliant series) and Gran Turismo are the only games I play mostly.

So, so long as Grand Theft Auto remains only on playstation, then I will buy the playstation 4 some time in the future to play GTA V on it. Not that I know anything about the differences between playstation and xbox these days.

Back