Xmas pressie for wife - any ideas?

...actually ....Mr OO occasionally goes for surprise sexy lingerie underwear, not meaning the underwear surprises you in any way, (boo!) :) but really sexy stuff, it's fun, I love his playful creativeness...he has a bit of a fantasy and I don't mind one bit being in that fantasy.

TMI? Perhaps, but it's fun ya know. We love some fun.

LOL, it is fun... when the opportunity arises!

I agree with Sheryn (again) i really like the look of the Pandora stuff, you can make it really mean something. I bought myself an 'alphabraclet' for Mother's Day with the kids names so maybe an idea for next year (once the 2nd bub has been named).

Ha! Just remembered something, one year for my birthday my husband got me some scales! I was heavily pregnant at the time as well. Do NOT get her scales. :rolleyes:

Without knowing your wife (or you!) it's really hard. I know being pregnant with one at home there's certain foods and things that are 'not allowed'. And no alcohol (boo) can make a dinner out not such fun - in moderation, ofcourse ;) Also clothing etc is a bit touchy as she won't fit into sexy kinda stuff.

Hmmm, I'll do some further thinking on this one...

...actually ....Mr OO occasionally goes for surprise sexy lingerie underwear, not meaning the underwear surprises you in any way, (boo!) :) but really sexy stuff, it's fun, I love his playful creativeness...he has a bit of a fantasy and I don't mind one bit being in that fantasy.

TMI? Perhaps, but it's fun ya know. We love some fun.

Not that I'm suggesting OP go out and buy his wife a breastfeeding bra or flanellette nightie for Xmas, but the problem here is, if she's just gone through childbirth, is trying to establish breastfeeding and is sleep deprived, this present could scare the heebeegeebees out of her :p.

Last edited:
Given the circumstances (being pregnant, possibly then breastfeeding etc etc) I would consider jewellery - the Pandora stuff or similar and a lovely comfy, luxurious, (yet easily machine washable) dressing gown. Some scrummy chocolates (hmm say, Lindt balls) would round out the present pile nicely too. :D

Hope all our posts are helping, let us know what you decide!

If you have someone to babysit a night out for dinner and somewhere to stay after. No cooking, no cleaning. Just a night off from being a mum (well as much as a heavily woman can). Combine that with some really fancy hand made chocolates or something a bit indulgent sounds like my kind of bliss.

I also don't like vouchers I like when people put some thought into a gift. It doesn't have to cost much if anything, its the thought that someone has taken the time to think about me and select/make something. vouchers to me seem like the easy way out.

Do what we do...don't buy each other presents.
All Xmas does is add stress when trying to figure out what to buy someone.We eliminated that by agreeing we we wouldn't.

Kids mostly get money, and they seem happy with that.

I have two words for you: dresses & jewelry neither has ever failed me! ;)
If my Hubby bought me dresses or jewelery, he would be in a lot of trouble. First, I wear pants most of the time, I don't really like dresses that much. Secondly, the only piece of jewelery that I wear is a necklace that I bought myself a couple of years ago.
You people are not thinking,
Jewelery with diamonds do it every time:D

No, that would only get you a big telling off in my books. I'd rather another IP.:D

Like Lizzie, I usually buy my own gifts. I really am hard to please. I don't really want, or need, much and I don't like frivolous 'waste of money' type stuff.

If my Hubby bought me dresses or jewelery, he would be in a lot of trouble. First, I wear pants most of the time, I don't really like dresses that much. Secondly, the only piece of jewelery that I wear is a necklace that I bought myself a couple of years ago.

LOL.... You are obviously not a 'typical' women then.... My wife's boss just got her Xmas present..... a 10 carat diamond ring. :eek: That is correct.... there is not meant to be a decimal in that number. I bet that would surprise any woman!

A nice dress, beautiful jewelry and tickets to the theatre or a booking as a nice restaurant... or both! Surely you would wear a dress and diamond necklace if offered??? My wife would never begrudge such lavish offerings.... because she knows it only happens rarely ;)

LOL.... You are obviously not a 'typical' women then....
LOL! Did you not read my thread "I'm not normal" :D
A nice dress, beautiful jewelry and tickets to the theatre or a booking as a nice restaurant... or both! Surely you would wear a dress and diamond necklace if offered??? My wife would never begrudge such lavish offerings.... because she knows it only happens rarely ;)

NUP! I would wear a nice dress if going somewhere special, but a diamond necklace??? Nah, costume jewelery will do. Give me an IP instead! :cool: As for theatre & restaurants, well, I do like them.

My wife bought his wife an iron for her b'day this year because he overheard her saying she wanted one. She actually wanted a "strightening iron" for her hair. He actually got credit for listening and making an effort.:)

Her only hobby is cooking - I made the mistake of buying her a kitchen gift last year...let's just say I won't be making that mistake again!

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Jonathon

If she enjoys cooking how about some cookbooks..there are some lovely ones available - I love flicking through cookbooks for inspiration...The cooking classes sound like fun as well...sometimes upmarket restaurants etc run them, but I'm thinking if your wife is heavily pregnant she probably wont feel like it for a good while - having a 2nd child can be a shock to the system!

Nadia

Wow some great suggestions, thanks everyone.

I think jewellery is looking like the best option, and as I work on Collins Street, there's no shortage of jewellery stores to choose from.

And thanks for the lateral-thinking suggestions related to cooking, unfortunately I've pretty much exhausted that avenue.

As for picking up hints, she may well have dropped them, but I'm a man - we just don't have the DNA to pick up such stuff!

Cheers
Jonathon

My suggestion is to get her car detailed for her. I suppose it depends what your circumstances are, but that's something I would love considering I'm the only one who cleans both cars, and it doesn't happen often enough.

OH! Jonathon haven't you worked it out yet!
Sheryn said a pandora bracelet she beat me to it!
you guys need to dig deep, you have to spend like , the PANDORA bracelet, and then !!! spend another $300 bucks on say perfume or a hand bag, and then another $300 on the facial , pedicure/manicure, and or a grace bros gift voucher for the sales, you blokes sheesh! look at it like a good investment for a happy holiday, :D

OH! Jonathon haven't you worked it out yet!
Sheryn said a pandora bracelet she beat me to it!
you guys need to dig deep, you have to spend like , the PANDORA bracelet, and then !!! spend another $300 bucks on say perfume or a hand bag, and then another $300 on the facial , pedicure/manicure, and or a grace bros gift voucher for the sales, you blokes sheesh! look at it like a good investment for a happy holiday, :D

Not if you were my Hubby. You would get a stern talking to about wasting money. I don't want, nor do I need facials or manicures. I can't see the value in expensive handbags. AND I never shop at Grace Bros.

Some of you men certainly have high maintenance wives. I have never been interested in any of that stuff, even when I was much younger.

I have only had one facial in my life and that was last year. While it was good, there is no way on earth I would spend that much to have someone else rub stuff into my face. It was fully paid for, so I thought it would be a little luxury that I would NEVER warrant spending for.

Out of all the suggestions so far, the best one, I think, is for the Pandora Bracelet, simply because, not only is it a fashion statement, it can have sentimental value too. Although I am a no-nonsense girl and don't wear jewellery, if I was given one of those, I would consider wearing it because you can personalise it with memento's to remember special occasions.

Back