Xmas pressie for wife - any ideas?

Not if you were my Hubby. You would get a stern talking to about wasting money. I don't want, nor do I need facials or manicures. I can't see the value in expensive handbags. AND I never shop at Grace Bros.

ditto - i don't even "own" a handbag!

best suggestions so far are the pandora bracelet and the luxury bathrobe (a warm one for getting up in the middle of the night for feeding).

please - don't go the lingiere. all sorts of 'between the lines' connitations (sp?) there. and especially of she's pregnant.

This a great thread everyone, thanks, as I am in the same situation and the pressure is on as I have got nothing yet.
I can not begin to decribe how much I hate shopping. :mad:
I tried the "How about we just get fun things for the little people" trick, didn't work. In return I got, "I already got you something you'll like".
As my better half doesn't like jewlery or dresses, I have in mind a day trip to a small towns, or several, to do the rounds of 2nd hand book and furniture shops as I am certain she'd like that.
Just the 2 of us offcourse, leave the adorable small people behind.

i would also get a stern talking too! but after all of the typical fire works , the Boss would be very happy realy, just like you girls would be too! dont deny it!;)

yes a very high maintenance wife indeed , does any one want to trade !!! partners , its a no money down deal???

please - don't go the lingiere. and especially if she's pregnant.

Hmm....I can't tell you how strongly I agree to this one. Hubby (hope he's not reading this thread) would buy me the exact sort that I don't like (but he does) I don't mind if it looks good, but it HAS to be comfortable.

My suggestion if you do go the lingerie route is to take note of what she regularly wears and buy the same, maybe a bit more sexy if you like, but if she likes hipsters, then get hipsters, if she likes high waist, then get that, or if she likes GStrings, get that. DO NOT get high waists if she likes GStrings, or GStrings if she likes hipsters just because you want to see her in it.

Now I don't get the Pandora bracelet phenomenon.

Sure, adding charms to commemorate special events is nice,
but so many women seem to be doing it.

Might just be me, but I like my jewellry to be unique and special.

Good luck with the gift giving. If you are going to buy jewellry be very careful. Observe what your wife wears. If she wears traditional looking jewellry in yellow gold, don't buy a modern silver piece. If she wears rose gold, don't buy yellow gold. And try and buy somewhere where you can return to swap for another piece if necessary - or does that suggestion make me appear too unromantic?

Caroline

Not if you were my Hubby. You would get a stern talking to about wasting money. I don't want, nor do I need facials or manicures. I can't see the value in expensive handbags. AND I never shop at Grace Bros.

Any chance you could talk to my wife..... :rolleyes: She needs a 'market correction' :cool:

Some of you men certainly have high maintenance wives.

Tell me about it! She's not high maintenance per se, but she does appreciate expensive gifts.... a little too much :(

Any chance you could talk to my wife..... :rolleyes: She needs a 'market correction' :cool:

Tell me about it! She's not high maintenance per se, but she does appreciate expensive gifts.... a little too much :(

I'm happy to talk to your wife, but you might be in for a whole lot extra expenses if I do. :eek:

I like to get IP's for presents and we have just signed for a new one. That's the sort of Pressie I like.:cool:

I also am not a lover of the Pandora bracelets for the same reasons.... every man and his dog seem to have one, even though you can personalise them to a certain extent. But obviously they are very, very popular.

I also would avoid underwear. When I was pregnant, and even afterwards when breastfeeding, I was very aware that my underwear was about as glamorous as a bucket of nappies, but at least these days the choices of nursing bras is so much better than 20 years ago. Any "sexy" stuff would have sent me to the tissue box because I felt like a cow and would have thought it was a big hint to hurry up and get back to "sexy".

Perfume or a soft bathrobe would be my pick. Maybe make some vouchers for some "I'll take the baby/babies for a loooooong pram ride to let you have a sleep" as that is one of the things I really appreciated my hubby doing for me (way more than lingerie).

Even a "date" away from the babies didn't interest me because in the early days I couldn't relax without them and worried about them, not to mention needing to do something with the breastmilk :eek:.

I'm happy to talk to your wife, but you might be in for a whole lot extra expenses if I do. :eek:

I like to get IP's for presents and we have just signed for a new one. That's the sort of Pressie I like.:cool:

That would be my favorite gift too !!!

I do not like to wear dress.
I wear one necklace...a diamond solitaire my husband bought me on our first wedding anniversary.I wear the same earrings that I bought myself at the War Memorial.I by one purse a year..not expensive, but I am particular with it.
I only wear my wedding ring on one hand and my birthstone ring my parents gave me when I was a teenager.

So, if my hubby really wants to buy me something...I'm sure a nice IP, or two would sit lovely in our collection.:)

Unless your wife is still breastfeeding #1, unlikely being so pregnant, why not give her a day off?

That's right, a day to herself to spend as she likes - probably asleep.

You take child #1 and leave the house by 9am. If desperate, enlist a friend to help you out, or go to a relative's place. Return at 6pm bringing her favourite takeaway for dinner. Child #1 bathed and ready for bed would be a nice touch.

Do up a voucher on the computer, be sure to specify a specific date.
Marg

I asked my wife what she wanted and bought it. A new airhorn for the ute! ;) She doesn't like those tiny electric horns but wants something with a bit of punch.

I'm trying to figure out what girly thing I can buy her to go with it though. We're going on an ocean cruise on her birthday in January so I'll buy her a massage onboard as that present on top of the cruise itself. But, of course, the cruise won't really count as a present. That's just stuff we do so brownie points: yes, but pressie points: no.

She's not into jewelry but does like lingerie so maybe that's the go. Cut flowers are a big no-no too due to the environmental impact.

Cheers,
Michael

Reminds me of how my mother received a load of sand and cement from my home improvement oriented father for her Birthday one year. Needless to say Father received a negligee for his birthday that year!

Reminds me of how my mother received a load of sand and cement from my home improvement oriented father for her Birthday one year. Needless to say Father received a negligee for his birthday that year!

My husband just read this post and said, 'there's nothing wrong with that'. I take it he means the sand and cement bit :confused:.

Says he can give me some roll out lawn to replace the dead parts with for Xmas :rolleyes:.

Btw, I've recieved an assortment of power tools over the years and they were well recieved. And I don't quite understand what the big deal is with the Pandora bracelet either.

Last edited:
I'd be really ticked if my I got a voucher for a day off with when I still had litle kids at home.
I would expect my partner to do occassionally do that anyways.

Back