Yanchep

Can anyone give me an indication of the current value of a block of land aprox 580sqm from the first release at Capricorn Lindsay Beach?

Thanks
Sparky

Was up there last week....I'll post a pic ( addition to the 'Life is a Beach' series)

How do you attache pics to a thread ??

kp

Hi Ausprop

Thanks for that - what kind of value would you attach to said block with a 4 bed good quality house, en-suite, dble garage, say 300sqm?

Thanks
Sparky

anyone looking at going for one in the Zamia release? titles next June, $2000 discount for cash and a $5000 harvey norman voucher.

also did someone from this forum buy the gemill display home? I hope so... talking to the rep it has done pretty well. in fact this whole estate has shaped up very well, much better than some of the southern corridor ones.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any land releases are going to be happening any time soon, between Burns Beach Rd and Mindarie?

Hi Ausprop

Well I am looking at it but there are a few things going on at the moment and I don't think I can, might have to look at the next release. The last one sold out very quickly. The house I built agents valued at $550,000 but the bloody valuer upset my applecart a bit by suggesting $485,000. I fear he was one of those 12 year olds bank are using these days. My agent a few weeks ago sold a 3 bed at $470,000, fair bit smaller too I believe.Mind you as the house and land came in at $350,000 even $485,000 isn't a bad result in 12 months!

However there was some disappointment at the weekend when the telethon home only went for $620,000 so there doesn't seem much consistency at the moment.

Sparky

Sparky where is the one you have that was appraised at $550k? Lyndsay Beach or east of Two Rocks Rd? I think I will sell mine but am not sure of pricing... as you say it seems to be all over the place. Hegney tips Yanchep as a strong growth area FWIW if you are looking at long term holders.

Hi Ausprop

Its at Lot 595 Lindsay Beach Boulevard on Capricorn Hartford Grove side and is a Celebration home.

I would say if you don't have to sell hold on to it, my gut feeling is that this time next year it could be worth another $50,000 - 100,000. My agent said yesterday that Yanchep seems to have come out of the correction and they have sold 4 houses in the last fortnight. I really wish I could pick up some more of that land, I think I would go for at least 2 blocks this time.

Also I had an expression of interest in on the Gemmill home but in the end we had to let it go as I couldn't get the finance together. I always try to do too much at once as I can't stand seeing a good opportunity pass me by, which is why I started the other controversial thread on caveat empor!

Sparky

Guys,

Do you think there's much money in it based on the price of the land now? I bought in Hartford Grove stage 2, tried to buy again in Lindsay Beach stage 4. But since then I lost interest due to the prices.

I thought demand had really slowed but was quite surprised when I revisted the website, after reading this thread, that the land still seems to be selling well.

Perhaps I'm too conservative (this is the first time I used a new build for investment so I don't really know the ins and outs of it..)

Bruce

Hi Brucew

The new release blocks for a non cottage block size are around $250,000, if you can still put a house to turnkey on it for $200,000 then I would say yes, especially with the low deposit, low holding costs with no land titles until around June next year.

I love the estate and the lagoon is beautiful.

Did you sell your property on Hartford Grove or have a valuation on it?

Sparky

Hi Ausprop

I would say if you don't have to sell hold on to it, my gut feeling is that this time next year it could be worth another $50,000 - 100,000. My agent said yesterday that Yanchep seems to have come out of the correction and they have sold 4 houses in the last fortnight. I really wish I could pick up some more of that land, I think I would go for at least 2 blocks this time.

Sparky

thanks Sparky but I have made a promise to myself to stop accumulating resi IPs. it's all too easy to build these things and just rent them. unfortunately tho I seem to have been at the front of the pack re construction so whether someone wants to pay that much dosh to live in sandy construction site remains to be seen. Was up there today and the house is looking awesome tho. may be another keeper after all... will see.

Hi Ausprop

Well apparently someone paid $620,000 to live on sand in the telethon house!

Amongst my agents sales over the last few weeks was a 3 x 2 on a 300sqm block which sold for $475,000, bodes well methinks.

Sparky

Hi Brucew

The new release blocks for a non cottage block size are around $250,000, if you can still put a house to turnkey on it for $200,000 then I would say yes, especially with the low deposit, low holding costs with no land titles until around June next year.

I love the estate and the lagoon is beautiful.

Did you sell your property on Hartford Grove or have a valuation on it?

Sparky

Hi Sparky,

Still under construction. Roof frame is up expecting roof cover shortly. Went for a full size block last time. Its a corner block and this caused me a few dramas with the biulding restrictions (ie 2 frontages that have to meet their design requirements.

Block worked out at about $126k with the cash disc. As you say, proably about 200k on the house so am definitely quids in with this one.

Hi Ausprop

Well apparently someone paid $620,000 to live on sand in the telethon house!

Amongst my agents sales over the last few weeks was a 3 x 2 on a 300sqm block which sold for $475,000, bodes well methinks.

Sparky

true but I think $620k was very low for that house... or was it? I didn't realise that (a) the furniture wasn't included (don't telethon homes usually include everything?) and (b) you can't live in the house as it was leased back as a display home. This last point was the craziest thing I have heard of - they are selling a dream home but dream homers wouldn't be interested as you couldn't live in it. I think if it had been occupiable the price may of been much higher.

Ooops, guess they won' t be living on sand after all then!

What are your thoughts on Canning Vale at the moment Ausprop?

Sparky

Back