Yanchep

suppose, I jsut know that some units I am building in midland are costing close to that to build... a green title house for the price that most villas sell for is pretty good

At moment, it does not seem the case in Midland. You may expect it sells for $330k for a small unit, but the actual contract price may be less than $300k. There are too many units at moment such as, Midland, Balga... You better off rent them.

At moment, it does not seem the case in Midland. You may expect it sells for $330k for a small unit, but the actual contract price may be less than $300k. There are too many units at moment such as, Midland, Balga... You better off rent them.

yeh the land and build price is in at $350k+, they are villas tho not apartments. stuff renting... what's the repayments on that... around $750 a week after costs, rent would be... $300? no way, tax deduction on that one i think.

had enough of that sector of the market. the government can find someone else to tax the pants off of to pay for their white camry's.

Ausprop do you generally tend to develop and sell if the rental returns are low?

I must admit I'm not completely convinced myself anymore that to "always hold" is the best option for us. I think it really seems to depend on what the market is up to at the point of decision making making and for how long.

Ausprop do you generally tend to develop and sell if the rental returns are low?

I must admit I'm not completely convinced myself anymore that to "always hold" is the best option for us. I think it really seems to depend on what the market is up to at the point of decision making making and for how long.

yes,tho i am in the minority around here. the ones that I have held I have regretted. tho houses i sold 8 years ago have nicely doubled or more, so who knows?! i find yeilds are generally too low to hold much where as developing can provide a huge income. when i no longer require so much liquidity i guess i can start to look at more build'n'die - but the yield would have to be right. 8% minimum.

when i no longer require so much liquidity i guess i can start to look at more build'n'die - but the yield would have to be right. 8% minimum.

Say good bye to residential IPs. Then again, no need for me to tell you how to suck eggs really. More a word of caution for any newbies who may be getting a tad overexcited after gorging themselves full of property 101 material from Dymocks.

yeh the land and build price is in at $350k+, they are villas tho not apartments. stuff renting... what's the repayments on that... around $750 a week after costs, rent would be... $300? no way, tax deduction on that one i think.

had enough of that sector of the market. the government can find someone else to tax the pants off of to pay for their white camry's.

I reckon the main problem is the rate and the labour government. They are going to intruduce carbon tax and the abolish the WPA. These are stupid ideas and the DUDD though he could save the planet by killing the Ausie, and their anti-productivity initiative. This may lead to a long high interest rate.

stems from an over inflated of self importance of our role in the world. we could completely stop all forms of energy use and make little difference to carbon emissions.

we would be better sevred by trying to suppy innovatoive solutions to eh world rather than strangling ourselves. it could start with adjusting some of these idiotic labor policies such as no uranium mining in some states but fine in others! left hand doesnt know what the right is doing

Back