Yee Har we begin

After a false start, with a sale falling through, we have finally begun our tiny empire! We settle this week on a property in South Hedland, which we paid $130,000 for. We are really excited. After reading some of the posts here about Hedland, we have decided on building a steel frame home, a 2 storey 4 bed 3 bath +office. A Hedland Real Estate property manager said we could expect a rental return of around $700 to $1000 when completed.

My husband Ron and I have an electrical contracting business and I am studying mortgage broking. We are wondering if anyone here can recomend a builder in South Hedland? I have been searching the net and havent been able to find one who can even look at us for over 12 mths.

The steel frame company can erect it to lock up but then it will need fit off.

It would be much easier if we could get a local builder to oversee it for us.

Any suggestions?

Gutsy move purchasing the land without having builders etc sorted; everyone up that way is pretty much going Gangbusters, you may be right to look at 12 Months+

There are several forum members here involved in the area, maybe try contacting them for some leads:confused:

the user "kph" is your man - send him a private message. Like everyone else tho, he is flat out, so get in quick - beg, plead, bribe, whatever!!

I gave Kevin a call and will get back to him as he was tied up. Hopefully he can help us otherwise we will need to look at plan B.

I realise there is a backlog for the builders, that is why we opted for a steel frame home. The company can erect it to lock up in around 2 to 3 weeks, then it is up to us. We have a good friend who is a plumber who has agreed to fly up and do it if necessary. We also have an old dual cab that we thought we would just drive up there and leave in the shed. That way if we fly up to do any work we have a car available.

Once the shed is erected, insulated, gyprocked and an air con put in it should be pretty comfortable as accomodation whilst building. We are putting a shower and toilet in the shed too.

Of course it would be way easier if we could get a builder to organise it all for us.

Back