Yellow Brick Road

Hi - anyone know anything about Yellow Brick Road? I am currently exploring their options and have seen their product sheet with a variable rate package that is extremely competitive. Any thoughts? I am currently looking at refinancing.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been offered 5.74% on a variable rate loan with a package fee of about 395 (or 350 - can't remember at the minute). Includes 100% offset and atm card etc. I am more interested in this style of rate as this is being offered for a loan over 250k that I am considering refinancing.

Rolf, I would be keen to hear if there are other products more competitive than this as I currently have 2 separate facilities with different financiers and even my largest one will not give me this type of rate currently being 5.78%.

YBR First Place product is an introductory rate designed to get you in. Did they disclose that after 1 year it goes up to 6.19% pa? The comparison rate is 6.30%. The early repayment fees make it uneconomical to refinance out after 12 months.

Just about every mainstream lender can beat that one.

It's nice that they're bringing in competition to the marketplace, but these guys are all about slick marketing as opposed to competitive products.

Yeah I asked if it was a 'honeymoon' rate and they promised it wasn't. If not YBR, does anyone know if I can get this type of deal elsewhere? PT Bear, you say any mainstream lender can beat 6.12 which I believe however can anyone beat 5.78%?

Yeah I asked if it was a 'honeymoon' rate and they promised it wasn't. If not YBR, does anyone know if I can get this type of deal elsewhere? PT Bear, you say any mainstream lender can beat 6.12 which I believe however can anyone beat 5.78%?

And they wouldn't lie, I'm sure. It probably doesn't say "honeymoon" anywhere in the PDS.
Can I be bold and suggest you look beyond the rate. There is SO much more to the equation than just the rate.
I'd go so far as to say that after looking at the strategic value of the lender in my strategy, then the actual product and how it suits my needs, then my serviceability with that lender, then the features of the product and the flexibility it offered me, THEN I'd look at the rate.
Those who have utilised the most easy to service lenders first, leaving them nowhere to go as they try to grow their portfolio or have chosen a product that lacks features the assumed it would have etc will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Hiya TS

RW has been aroun for a while and knows that all things arent equalwhere loan rates and useability are concerned.

RW, its not that they are lying, they simply dont know................thats probably worse ??

focussing ONLY on a few points of rate will almost always ( not always, but almost always) land you in more trouble than u think.

NAB as an example will do a 5.72 ongoing for an LVR of less than 75 %

Why not oick up the phone and speak with Evachange or Pete T and get some facts on a spread of things rather than just the spin on ONE marketing story

ta
rolf

Back