YorProsperity Super is dead - any alternatives?

YourProsperity decided to close their on-line super master fund product. All memvers should sell their investments and rollover to another fund. I failed to find a similar product on the market. Does it exist?

The required features are:
1. All types of contributions accepted.
2. On-line access to your account.
3. Wholesle funds available from as little a few thousand dollars.

Is anybody aware of such product?

Regards,
Lotana

I would be interested in finding one as well. I have been looking for the past few days and have not found anything suitable.
Certainly don't want to invest with National/MLC after all the pain and suffering I am about to go through....

Mac Bank are one of the cheapest... dont know if they do direct sales, its best to speak to your advisor anyhow.

Navra's fund now has rollover super available- and it does have some of the options you require.

It's returned about 6% since July 1 this year- so performing well.

Why dont you try direct share investing - ive been buying for a few months now and return averaging about 28% - not including divs.

Originally posted by geoffw
Navra's fund now has rollover super available- and it does have some of the options you require.

It's returned about 6% since July 1 this year- so performing well.

Brains
You seem pretty good at picking the shares going UP.

ive been buying for a few months now and return averaging about 28% - not including divs.
How do we get your knowledge ? :D :D

Each time I've invested in shares and the like, they go under :mad:

regards

ABCDiamond,

Its the same deal as property - $ + knowledge + research and then act.

To give you 2 eg: I knew that the Australian Stock Exchange and a company called computershare make their money from the amount of stock traded on the market, the more volume traded, the more money for them.

I also knew that there was a market rally starting a few months ago with volumes rising, so i researched the total volume over the few months before July and they were going up, up, up.
I then bought a few thousand dollars of each and ASX have gone from about $13 mid July to $14.70 today.

Computershare have gone from about $2 end of July to $3.11 today.

Resource stocks have been similar, ive been buying oil & gold and they are powering along.

This is a property forum so i wont waffle too much.

I've had a go at direct share investing, but it hasn't gone too well- minus in the last 12 months while the asx has gone quite positive.

I'll still play and try to learn- but certainly property has done much better for me.

Johnyb, Steve's not paying me a commission. But with 50% of my own super in his fund I'm happy with the performance to date- especially as compared with my woeful effort.

Brains
Thats a good point about Computershare, i've sold a few free shares through them, they are pretty big in UK, I didn't know they were out here too.
But like Geoff, my main money has come from Property, and I suppose we should all stick to what we each know best. :)

Brains,

I am investing directly - trading shares and warrants on ASX through an on-line broker. The sharemarket has been booming in recent months, many of my shares made 30% gains, but I bought most of them earlier when they were more expensive so that the overall return is not as good. Anyway, my portfolio is heavily (100% in fact) geared and I expect some handsome returns this financial year.

My original question though was about superfund. YourProsperity superfund operated as an on-line master trust. I am self-employed, so I opened accounts for myself and other family members and am making employer contributions to each of these accounts. Then I could buy and sell managed funds from many fund managers on-line. The list of available funds was large (about 150 from memory) and included wholesale funds (they charge smaller fees and are generally available for $100K+ contributions). The fees charged by YourProsperity were very reasonable. They also provided good on-line research and fund selection tools as well as comprehensive on-line reporting.

I am trying to find another similar service - to no avail.

There are many master super funds, but they are only available through "advisors" (I have not yet met an advisor who would tell me something I wanted to know but did not know before). Advisors charge fees (or receive commission). If I won't be able to find an YP-like product, I would go through an advisor, but only if the master fund matches all the criteria I outlined in the original post.

Another option is a self-managed super fund, but I don't think I am ready to invest a lot of time in managing just over $50K. May be in a couple of years?

Regards,
Lotana

Last edited:
I was looking for the same recently and the Wealthtrac Super Master Trust (www.wealthtrac.com.au) was the only one I found that met these criteria. So far so good.
Also has the Navra wholesale fund as one of the MFs you can select if you are into Navra.

Ammo

Same boat - some options

Hi Lotana

I have 2 accounts with Your Prosperity and is in the same boat as you.

I have found and gone through the above internet listing of managed wrap managers.

The more promising ones are:

Zurich - Assetlink or Assetchoice, 131551
Count - Wealth-e-account, 02 92395292, 1800026868
MLC/NAB - Flexiplan Masterkey, 1800647009

I am not sure the MLC/NAB lead was provided by Neville Ward because of my scribbled notes.

I am in the same boat as you regarding advice. I do not need advice and the fees that come with it. The other thing you should note is that each time you mention DIY superannuation, the fund managers will tend to compartmentalise you into one of their strait-jacketed arrangements, which rightly do not include options trading and higher risk investments. Their off-the-shelf super wrap arrangements severely limit the range of ASX shares to invest in and come with advice fees (which defeats the purpose of DIY?).

I hope you come up with a good product for your situation which seems to be close to mine. Share it on this thread or email me: [email protected]

Ta.

Originally posted by geoffw
I've had a go at direct share investing, but it hasn't gone too well- minus in the last 12 months while the asx has gone quite positive.

I'll still play and try to learn- but certainly property has done much better for me.

Johnyb, Steve's not paying me a commission. But with 50% of my own super in his fund I'm happy with the performance to date- especially as compared with my woeful effort.

Hi Geoff.

If it's not too personal a question, which stocks have gone badly for you and roughly when did you buy them?

As I said, if it's too personal, please disregard the question......

:)

Alan,

NAB and Woolworths- bought about three months ago.

I had traded both through up and down- selling high, then buying low- with modest success.

Then NAB took on AMP, and Woolworths had a few events which have hit profits.

I see them both as solid companies, with not a big downside- and I'm an eternal optimist. That's probably dangerous in the sharemarket.

My available time for research is limited. I'd prefer to research property. But I have this SMSF money which I cannot use for property- and I want to learn. So I'm still on a learning curve, which is likely to curve for a long time yet.

Back