You Tube Videos Painting

Awesome share

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing your inside knowledge Painter

Checked out a few of your videos and you make it look so easy!

Question for you re airless spray gun + backroll vs rolling + brush

I noticed in your videos with a new empty place (no furniture, carpet etc)
you do ceilings with spray-backroll
while for walls, just rolling

I need to paint the interior walls of my property - awful colours and some walls have paint peeling patches
haven't looked at the ceiling yet... so assumingly would leave as is

have got carpet, furniture, whitegoods - the usual in the house

From what I understand, for peeled walls areas, I need to scrape, paint with surface conditioner, fill in, let dry overnight and sand down
before cleaning whole wall with soap water and then painting

What method and gear would you recommend for this job > painting interior walls - just traditional roll and brush?

I'm getting hopelessly confused with some people singing the praises of airless spray painting while others say stick to roll and brush

would it be right to say that airless spray guns most efficient and effective for interior ceilings or outdoor applications?
(no need to cover all furniture inside etc)

and roller + brush for everthing else?

Thank you Painter for your expert advice and help
really appreciate it
:)

p.s. do you have preference of solvers paint or Bunnings Dulux, Taubmanns?

Hi Antonio,
I will try and answer some of your questions,it sounds like you are getting mixed advise.

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing your inside knowledge Painter

Checked out a few of your videos and you make it look so easy!
Thank you

Question for you re airless spray gun + backroll vs rolling + brush

I noticed in your videos with a new empty place (no furniture, carpet etc)
you do ceilings with spray-backroll
while for walls, just rolling
The cornice is the main work on a ceiling,so if you had to roll verses spraying that is where the saving is,ceilings are easy to roll,the cornice is the hardest to brush ,with two coats needed,so sometimes in a repaint I will spray the cornice twice,put the gun away and pull out the roller to do the ceiling.This way there is no taping up,minimal over-spray,quick results.

I need to paint the interior walls of my property - awful colours and some walls have paint peeling patches
haven't looked at the ceiling yet... so assumingly would leave as is

have got carpet, furniture, whitegoods - the usual in the house

From what I understand, for peeled walls areas, I need to scrape, paint with surface conditioner, fill in, let dry overnight and sand down
before cleaning whole wall with soap water and then painting

You say peeled walls,that is very unusual and I would be trying to find out why they started peeling before repainting them?If you can supply some photos I can give you better advise here,

What method and gear would you recommend for this job > painting interior walls - just traditional roll and brush?
Absolutely

I'm getting hopelessly confused with some people singing the praises of airless spray painting while others say stick to roll and brush

Even though others say airless spray is better,if they aren't experienced,they can put themselves and others in danger and finish up with peeling unstable walls by painting over dust,grease,and do more damage to the house via over-spray,runs,etc that cant be fixed.

would it be right to say that airless spray guns most efficient and effective for interior ceilings or outdoor applications?
(no need to cover all furniture inside etc)
Spraying outdoors also has its problems with over spray drifting everywhere,same problems as inside,you will see in this video I chose to brush and roll the exterior of this house when most people would spray.

http://youtu.be/fMdoyKdmrRA?list=UUWFRLjC12F51Z6Q21RddNfg

http://youtu.be/525sTLBq3hU?list=UUWFRLjC12F51Z6Q21RddNfg

and roller + brush for everthing else?

Thank you Painter for your expert advice and help
really appreciate it

p.s. do you have preference of solvers paint or Bunnings Dulux, Taubmanns?

I like sover as an all round paint,exterior gloss acrylic duraguard for most applications,roof,ext walls,gutters,eves while I also use the low sheen inside for old Queenslander tongue and groove ceilings,smoke stained,nicotine stained,etc.
Dulux also has its place with its Weather-shield gloss acrylic being a good paint for exterior applications.
My favorite paint for interior walls is Taubmans living proof silk in Low sheen.

Thank you for your reply and advice Painter

huge relief to get pointed in the right direction
and not overthink it but get on with it

re the paint peeling, I've uploaded some pictures of the walls and 2 quick videos of the paint peeling - not much dust on the fingers if that helps

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2BUT2QR8yCuZUJ5amlLM0tqLWs&usp=sharing

re the darker shadow wall patches - they aren't damp
and there's no bathroom/toilet/laundry on other side of the wall

something to be concerned about and bring pros in?
or no biggie - just clean, undercoat and 2 topcoats as usual?

Thanks again Painter

Everything looks good but I am very concerned about the paint peeling so easy.
That whole wall that's peeling needs to come off,if you find it stops coming off easy I would stop there at that point.Stop at a corner or at a spot that can be hidden easy.If all the walls are like this,it is going to be a big job and you are best doing one room at a time if this is the case.
Plaster is going to be your best friend here and you will need to apply a coat of sealer/binder or something similar to those peeled surfaces before plaster or paint.

http://www.dulux.com.au/products/dulux-interior-products/preparation/product-detail?product=2228

Thank you for your reply and advice Painter

huge relief to get pointed in the right direction
and not overthink it but get on with it

re the paint peeling, I've uploaded some pictures of the walls and 2 quick videos of the paint peeling - not much dust on the fingers if that helps

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2BUT2QR8yCuZUJ5amlLM0tqLWs&usp=sharing

re the darker shadow wall patches - they aren't damp
and there's no bathroom/toilet/laundry on other side of the wall

something to be concerned about and bring pros in?
or no biggie - just clean, undercoat and 2 topcoats as usual?

Thanks again Painter

Everything looks good but I am very concerned about the paint peeling so easy.
That whole wall that's peeling needs to come off,if you find it stops coming off easy I would stop there at that point.Stop at a corner or at a spot that can be hidden easy.If all the walls are like this,it is going to be a big job and you are best doing one room at a time if this is the case.
Plaster is going to be your best friend here and you will need to apply a coat of sealer/binder or something similar to those peeled surfaces before plaster or paint.

http://www.dulux.com.au/products/dulux-interior-products/preparation/product-detail?product=2228

Thanks a treat! - a cold beer is waiting for you when you head west-side

Thankfully I think it's only 2 walls

re the plastering of the bare peeled patches
is plastering to smooth and blend bare patch to surrounding existing painted area?

then do we have to sand it down?
clean it
THEN new paint as usual

Back