young property investors

hey everyone,
names Chris im just seeing if there is anyone else out there around my age that has property or is interested in getting started. Im 20 and already have my name on 2 properties. Both of these properties are development/ subdivisions and are jv's.
cheers.

I'm 23 with 1 to my name. I'm a slightly late starter as I was stupid when I was 18/19 and had expensive taste. Now I'm 23 my HECS is about to finish so I can't wait to start building a decent portfolio.

My little brother bought his first 9 months ago (before me!) when he just turned 18.

I'm looking forward to when we both start building Equity and start looking into Family Trusts etc. More-so because we both have a strong demand for knowledge/learning.

im 20, bought my first IP when i was 18. bought another IP last year. They are both negative geared properties, have built up around 180k in equity. Not sure of my next move as ive stretched my servicability. Might just wait it out until i have enough to carry out a development.

23yo here, bought a PPR with my partner (20) last year and had planned on buying our first IP (or developing the block we are on) this year, but a bit unsure on the market and my partner is going to start Honors next year so may have to cut back at work. Will probably look to purchase our first IP late next year, hopefully after another couple of rate rises we might see some bargains hit the market...

We have purchased our PPR well and according to multiple reports our suburb has jumped around 20% in the last 12 months ($60k increase on our purchase price) and some surrounding suburbs have boomed higher, so hopefully we still have a way to go and will have some decent equity when it comes time to buy or build.

Welcome to the forums toylux95, I have learnt a lot here and am sure you will do the same.

yea im keen on learnin heaps more its good too see other ppl round my age gettin involved in property. I started when I was 18. I cant wait to get more developments under my belt and roll some money in. Thanks for your replies.

Great post! We started out at 25 and at the tender age of 31, we have acquired 21 properties. Steep learning curve, numerous numbers massaging for loan applications, dealing with tenants who burn down IP and getting PM to collect rents.. nevertheless it has been an awesome ride and our only regret is that we should have started at 20.

To all the under 20, get going now and to all the 20+ get going now and all the 30+, steal some of the 20 something's energy and get going now! For the rest of us, lets hope that there's a time machine :)

Have a great day!

Eldest daughter just turned 18, has the deposit but has just secured a traineeship. The income will not be enough to service a loan, so she isn't happy as she wanted to buy ASAP. I'm guessing she will have to get a parttime job to go with it.

I signed on the dotted line for my first property on the day i turned 24.. in hindsight, i probably should have looked more closely at investing when i was 21, the FA/FP I spoke to though, said i should look at managed funds, so i just sato n my hands for a while.

my property became an IP about 3 months before I turned 26.. i'm keen to buy my second (first ?) just waiting spousal approval..

I used to be young, but I just turned 24! Wasn't I just 18 ?

I got started with our first IP at 20 with my now hubby who was 22 at the time.

wife is 27 and im 28. Have our PPOR and one IP with the plan and wheels in motion to get our 2nd IP within the next 12 months.

I read the question and went to answer then thought hangon, I may not be classed as "young" anymore. Iv never thought that before, lol. Bugger. But some other similarly aged people replied so hey maybe we are still young :D

cheers Jas!

22, brought first at 18, had few dramas with turning house into duplex, stalled for couple of years, now i have 6 all up all in sydneys west, worth 1.5mill loans 1.05mill, costs $520pw before tax back to hold this.

i feel like i should hhave more though. btw hasnt been easy to get here.

Wow Nathan you must have some serious cash flow for a 22 year old!

I am 21, Fiance is 24 soon. Purchased PPOR last year value ~350k owing ~275k

We are looking for our first IP, have one real prospect going to auction in a few weeks. Will be borrowing 95% of the value (~$375k if auction goes to plan!) and will cost $170 a week to hold, self managed.

Back