your advice please - promlem with tenants

I don't know about other states, but in NSW there are provisions for the landlord and the tenant to agree on certain things being done within certain timeframes, and if it's not done then that's grounds for the lease to be terminated.

I think it's noted on the Ingoing Condition Report, but i could be mistaken.

Thank you all for your feedback.
I have decided to offer a small reduction until the blinds arrive.
As some of you have suggested, I do believe that the tenants had an expectation for the arrival date of the blinds. lesson learnt - should have never provided a date at all.
Looking at the bigger picture, I would rather keep the tenants happy (for all the reasons some of you have mentioned), especially given that this reduction will hardly impact my yearly taking.

Thanks again,
LeeF

I think you are doing the right thing. I don't know if their lack of blinds affect their privacy at all but why should the tenants put up with the inconvenience of having the contractors coming into their home to put up the blinds as well as not having the privacy for 2 weeks or having to spend time finding and then tacking up sheets and then having to remove them.

Having a good relationship with the tenants is important. So far I've gone out of my way to ensure my tenants have a good renting experience with me and have had no problems with them taking advantage of me. The opposite actually. I sent one tenant notice of rent increase in for March 08 (2 months notice required) although his lease was up for renewal in Jan and he wrote back saying if its easier just put the increase from January. I've never had such an accommodating tenant! Needless to say I didn't take up his kind offer.

Back