Your biggest punt(s)?

Just curious to learn what speculative investments/decisions you've made in the past, and how they panned out. Shares, property, business -- whatever.

I'm even more curious as to roughly how much of your net worth was involved.

I have not done anything serious in the last six months,but if the "ASX",,keeps tracking downwards with several different equally likely outcomes on different listed companies that would be now in margin call range just going by the volumes of sales ,, but I cant see any certainties out there just yet but when it bottoms out I will put about 25%
into 2 companies and sit ..imho..

I have not done anything serious in the last six months,but if the "ASX",,keeps tracking downwards with several different equally likely outcomes on different listed companies that would be now in margin call range just going by the volumes of sales ,, but I cant see any certainties out there just yet but when it bottoms out I will put about 25%
into 2 companies and sit ..imho..

which two companies will you put 25% in?

purchased a secondhand tow truck looking to expand ended up spending enough on repairs to buy a new truck in the 2 years I had it lesson learnt don't waste your time with junk.

About the same time invested 90k into another truck for watering roads had work dry hiring with a mining company they axed me 2 months in and I could only get 30k for the truck 2 years later again learnt don't buy old crap trucks.

Left a safe, secure cushy office job in Perth for an 8month contract position in Kazakhstan.

6years in Im still here.

Blacky

Got married.

One punt that really paid off big time.

(We hadn't even lived in the same country when we got married after meeting in a Contiki tour).

I've got close to 7% of my net worth tied up in cryptocurrencies presently (BTC mostly). They're volatile as ****, but it's a longterm play. Currently up 12% in 2 weeks. Could be down 50% tomorrow.

I'll report back in a year and let you know if I'm able to pull a deposit and purchase costs from this punt.

Wisemans Ferry Punt

HR-2.jpg

Hawksbury River Punt

You've gotta love a good punt.

I've been on the Wiseman's Ferry punt, very exciting for me to recognize it. This one looks like the modern Wiseman's Ferry; is it?

Last edited:
Back