Your dream Property Management team

what if the direction is to show initiative?

it's about tailoring the service to meet the requests of the landlord, some want to know every time the tenant farts, personally i want the person i pay to MANAGE the property to leave me alone and manage it

if i was a PM i would much rather not have to deal with the landlords every 5 min and concentrate on doing the job properly

as for increasing rent and causing a vacancy, firstly i wold hope you would know the market well enough to make a accurate assessment of the situation but if a vacancy occurs that is what a buffer is for.

anyway each to their own but the question was what is your dream PM, and i described what mine is.

To be honest it is tricky - because what a landlord wants, and what they really "want" are sometimes two different things.

Example - I have a landlord who insists on being first point of call for any maintenance (ie they want to go to the property first to evaluate, prior to any trades being called in).

This property in question had a leak in the roof - the landlord attended (when it wasn't raining), and could not find any evidence of a leak, so, against our advice, decided not to bring in a trade.

Next storm, severe damage to the tenants belongings due to the leak in the roof; owner is blaming us for not sending out a trade. :confused:

So, what an owner wants, isn't always what they really want, and it's difficult to try and provide a solution to appease an owner, when you know the end result will be tears.

Back