Your Final Main Residence?

Where will you live in 'retirement'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering what people expect to do upon 'retirement'.

Do you intend to
downgrade into a small house?
upgrade to a dream home?
Rent out the PPOR and travel?
Move into an investment property and sell the PPOR tax free?

How about another option? Do nothing, stay where I am.

Official retirement is 27 (30+ if Hockey gets his way) years away and a lot can change in that time frame.

Unofficially, I expected to be retired at least 5 years ago. As long as suckers keep my business churning out heaps of cash I won't retire.

Good point Ed, I should have had an option to stay in current house.. I dont seem to be able to edit it now.

And i put 'retirement' referred to above eans not having to work if you odn't need to. I myself will keep working until I die - maybe a few hours before death atually!

Terry, can you please make your polls anonymous in future.
It would be good if you can edit this poll to make it anonymous but not sure if that's possible after it's published.

Move into an investment property and sell the PPOR tax free.

But probably have another retirement after that and do something else.

Who knows.

Same here with the working 'til death.
Will always be poking around doing something or other.

Terry, can you please make your polls anonymous in future.
It would be good if you can edit this poll to make it anonymous but not sure if that's possible after it's published.

Point taken - though I didn't think this is something people would want to hide.

The dream would be to rent out the PPOR and travel, but retirement's so far off for me that it really is just a dream at the moment. And of course it depends how hubby and I are fairing healthwise.

Build 4 villas in a good & safe place. Give our children the choice to live there for cheaper rent.
Maybe it is easier to buy the neighbour and build a duplex there.
So it is kind of a downgrade into a small house and also an upgrade to a dream home :)

I chose "upgrade to dream home" because while our current place will do us just fine for the next 10-20 years, ultimately, I'd like to buy somewhere with a view, ideally all on a single level (we currently have two storeys) and with a lot less lawn than we currently have to maintain.

I have seen a couple of properties that would qualify and they are certainly an upgrade from our current place. It's a definite long-term goal for us.

Having said that, the "dream house" wouldn't suit us right now anyway, since we need space for kids / dog / pool etc. So we're happy where we are for the time being.

Back