Your lowest rental yield / poorest cash flow purchase

At the moment my Sydney properties would be low yield at current sale prices, but weren't when purchased.

My Canberra townhouse wasn't purchased at low yield. But it's almost becoming low yield due to increased strata combined with decreasing rents! It's only the price coming down at the same time that keeps it from becoming low yield at today's prices :eek:

In Hong Kong, 3%. But it has had the best capital growth, better than anything I would've found in Syd/Melb last 3 years. Almost tripled. Bought for around $320k, now worth around $750k after A$ fall, in 3.5 years.

Met a guy on the plane last month who was buying heavily in Hong Kong. He was telling me what the interest rates were, I didn't believe him. What sort of rates are you getting? Are you a citizen?

He was making a mint from capital growth.

So it seems that the investors here do not go for really low yields - such as houses on Sydney lower north shore - even though there was good capital growth potential.

Probably causes too many restrictions later on - worked well for us however.

My IPS in Canberra have low yields. My latest IP has at this point basically no yield. But for the last 13 years it has grown in value by $100,000 each year. That is why I am keeping it.

My CBR IP is also my worst performing although being a unit, I don't see it improving any time soon :( Hence the For sale sign up. I will take the funds to other areas.

The property that we rent would return about 1.75% to the owner.

Plus they are about to put in a new 2pac kitchen, they have asked that I meet with their kitchen guy to help with the design.

Plus they are about to put in a new 2pac kitchen, they have asked that I meet with their kitchen guy to help with the design.

Wow, will they look to increase the rent after the kitchen is finished?? Great landlord for a new kitchen that you can help shape!

Back