Your next O/S trip - where will you go?

Title says it all. To where will you travel, next time you go overseas?

I guess I am talking about leisure trips rather than where work might send you, ie where will you choose to go.

Have you booked it yet or is it a "next time I go overseas I want to go to...." scenario?

US, mainly NYC. First time for the kids. Late in Jan. First time the kids will ever have been really cold too. Looking forward to it

Pretty keen for a surf trip to Sumatra, the Wild West of Indonesia .
I also
Would like to check out Sri Lanka, northern china and more of the Middle East, Egypt has been my favourite place so far

I guess the language of the OP seemed to make the assumption that everyone had already been overseas once before. That was not my intent - I meant the term "next" to be literal, whether one had been overseas previously or not.

I can't think of a better way to have phrased it, but I am always open to suggestions. :)

EDIT: In this poll, asking where would be your "first" o/s trip obviously wouldn't work... so, Kesse, what should I have said?? And - where would be your choice? :)

I guess the language of the OP seemed to make the assumption that everyone had already been overseas once. That was not my intent - I meant the term "next" to mean that literally, whether one had been overseas previously or not.

I can't think of a better way to have phrased it, but I am always open to suggestions. :)

EDIT Saying your "first" o/s trip obviously wouldn't work... so, what should I have said??

Not having a dig, just making an observation. I tried to do a smiley on my phone but it wouldn't work.

I guess the language of the OP seemed to make the assumption that everyone had already been overseas once. That was not my intent - I meant the term "next" to mean that literally, whether one had been overseas previously or not.

EDIT Saying your "first" o/s trip obviously wouldn't work... so, what should I have said??

Not having a dig, just making an observation. I tried to do a smiley on my phone but it wouldn't work.

http://www.trafalgar.com/aus/european-cavalcade-2014

Is my next trip... Husband won't travel further than NZ, and daughter (my previous travel companion) has a full on career now so I am doing Europe by myself, hence the bus tour :)

After that in 2016 will be back to the US to do NYC , washington and Boston (have friends there so am happy to go independently )

I did the European Cavalcade for xmas in 2010. Loved it - if I had my time again I would join the tour in Amsterdam as the first day was literally just travelling to Amsterdam and by the time we got there it was dinner time and tourist attractions were closed.

We have just got back from a month in Ireland. Hubby is already planning our next trip there.

I did the European Cavalcade for xmas in 2010. Loved it - if I had my time again I would join the tour in Amsterdam as the first day was literally just travelling to Amsterdam and by the time we got there it was dinner time and tourist attractions were closed.

We have just got back from a month in Ireland. Hubby is already planning our next trip there.

Thanks for the tip.. I think I can manage that:). ..will Trafalgar allow that? I am planning on a couple of days in London for a loom around before the tour

http://www.trafalgar.com/aus/european-cavalcade-2014

Is my next trip... Husband won't travel further than NZ, and daughter (my previous travel companion) has a full on career now so I am doing Europe by myself, hence the bus tour :)

After that in 2016 will be back to the US to do NYC , washington and Boston (have friends there so am happy to go independently )

Some great places on that trip. My hubby isn't interested either so I'm travelling more by myself these days. I've done a few Intrepid trips. They're great and small groups.

In answer to the question I'm going on a 13 night cruise around the Pacific Islands in January.

In April I'm doing a cruise out of Tokyo to South Korea and Taiwan. In June/July I'm going to Europe by myself. I will book a cruise to Russia (from London or Copenhagen) Estonia, Denmark and wherever else it goes. Once I book that I'll plan the rest of the 5-6 weeks around that. Not sure where else I'm going. I have seen bits of Europe and want to see more.

Busy year.:D:D I have a name to live up to. :p

We're hoping to go to Europe for 11 weeks next year (end of Nov to mid Feb). At this stage, the plan is London - Edinburgh - London - Paris - Barcelona - Cordoba/Seville/Granada - Rome - Venice - Milan - Prague - Athens (plus trips to Meteora, Olympia and Delphi) - Istanbul - Cappadocia. May not be that exact order though. I've got a shortlist of hotels and budget all ready to go. We'll try to squeeze in somewhere sunny in Asia on the way back :)

15 days until we (Dh & I and 3 kids) fly to Japan. Osaka for a week then skiing (aka falling) for a week in Sapporo.

Being from Perth the kids have never seen snow and are soooo excited - I think even Christmas is being eclipsed by the upcoming trip.

It was 40 degrees today here in Perth so I'm all for it - I just need to survive the 14hr trip when even 5hrs with my lot is ...... ummm.... long. They are very well behaved on flights but constantly require something/someone/don't sleep blah blah blah. DH is usually off seated in an exit aisle somewhere so it's mainly left to me but this time we are all together on the plane.

Going for a 2 week road trip around England next Friday... Brighton,Salisbury, Bath then staying at a friend's house for 7 days for Chrissy in Worcester and will be using it as a base for day trips to places like Oxford etc...Then will be in London for new years eve.... Travelling with my wife and our 2 year old...

Looking forward to an English Christmas as it's not celebrated in Russia. However, new years eve is the big event here..

Title says it all. To where will you travel, next time you go overseas?

I guess I am talking about leisure trips rather than where work might send you, ie where will you choose to go.

Have you booked it yet or is it a "next time I go overseas I want to go to...." scenario?

Tasmania!!!
Dang! Beat me to it. :D

Philip Island for us.

I guess the language of the OP seemed to make the assumption that everyone had already been overseas once before. That was not my intent - I meant the term "next" to be literal, whether one had been overseas previously or not.

EDIT: In this poll, asking where would be your "first" o/s trip obviously wouldn't work... so, Kesse, what should I have said?? And - where would be your choice? :)
I think it says a lot about the overall mindset and social/financial demographic of SS'ers.

Remember, Hobo - this place is not the hangout of Mr. and Mrs. Average - for the most part.

It's disappointing in a way; I would like to see a lot more "battlers" coming on here to learn how to get financially free from PI, but instead we get mostly folks in solid, well paid careers who really don't need much of a leg up.

Back