Your team

Hi All,

Just wondering what members make up your investment team. Sorry if this has been done before but I can not remember seeing anything like it before :)

i.e.

I have 3 properties and my team includes;

- Mortgage broker
- Accountant

Maybe people have builders, surveyors, re agents, buyers agents, lawyers, plumbers, electricians, council friends jeez the list could go on and on :)

What are the definite must have haves if you want to be a successful property investor. I understand that maybe your team will be different depending on your strategy. Buy and hold, develop, renovate etc.

But yeah just wondering for us young newbie property investors.

Thank you

All of the above really, incl suppliers.

I have 2 solicitors, for trusts and purchasing.

Upgraded my accountant last year, switching mortgage brokers now.

Looking for 2 more solicitors (to purchase in SA and QLD).

I keep my plumber busy, he does well by me so we feed him work when we can.

Quantity surveyors, also town planners and architects when I want some advice on a possible development site (tho am yet to develop).

Keep council phone numbers saved on my phone, was starting to know a handful on a first name basis. Also real estate agents and buyers agents who call me when deals come up - tho usually dead ends :(

A mentor I contact when I need advice. As well as other investors to meet for lunch and a motivational chat, sometimes they share gold nuggets of wisdom which change my strategy or increase profit.

And other friends who dont know or care about property to break up the day :p

What are the definite must have haves if you want to be a successful property investor. I understand that maybe your team will be different depending on your strategy. Buy and hold, develop, renovate etc.

But yeah just wondering for us young newbie property investors.

Thank you

Spouse.

The Y-man

Back