Your thoughts on a PPOR house swap

Have any investors courted the idea of swapping a PPOR? How about those who want to downsize from large family homes on large blocks of land (eg. 809m2 double block) in inner city areas with some views eg. city views for say a three bedroom luxury apartment/townhome with water/city views in the inner city area? Just one example of a swap of comparable value.

Wanting to start a thought thread here - what do developers think of this? Would they entertain a swap for a property in their development given a double block could be developed as well offering more leverage for them?

Too many variables, IMO. Both parties need to be satisfied with the prospective swaps, values need to match up, etc, etc.

Correct both would require valuations otherwise too much subjectivity; not A, B,C easy but then neither is doing things differently - what are your thought on such possibilities (much more ethical than options/wraps) etc; could circumvent middle men/women?? What are others thoughts?? Just wanting a thought provoking thread on thinking outside the box on another option investors could possibly consider

Looked into it a while back but theres no demand whatsoever for this. We'll be going up against the likes of RE / buyers agents, conveyancers, REINSW, marketing/publishers and the worst offender or all... OSR! I think thats a losing battle against so many in such a powerful industry. Perhaps could letter box all the houses you like and see how you get on. Thats the only way I could see it work. Has happened before, some guy swapped his house for a block of dirt up in Cottage Point on House Designs.

BTW, I gave up and ended up buying the PPOR and paid the useless govt too much in stamps... :(

My aunt entered into an arrangement with a builder quite a few years ago. She had a, well, shack would be a good description, on a big block of land. She contributed the land and the builder built 4 villas on it, she had first pick of the villas (chose the one at the back as it had outdoor areas on 3 sides and no-one walked past).

The builder sold 2 to recoup the cost of materials, plans etc and kept the 4th for his labour.

It worked well for her and she was very happy with the result.
Marg

Back