YourPropertyClub.com

Hi Guys

We are thinking of buying property through YourPropertyClub.com as we are 1st time property investers.

Have any of u heard of them or have used them?

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of the company.

Just because you're a first time property investor doesn't mean you need to engage the services of such a company.

How are they remunerated for their services? Are they selling the properties?

Forums like this are a great source of free information. I'd hang around here for a while - continue to build your knowledge about investing and then decide whether you need to go down the path of utilising a "property club."

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum. i would stay away from such clubs/groups, etc.

Its good to get pointers/tips from them but without doing due diligence, would not touch it.

Ask as many questions as possible and if you are not satisfied back off.

Regards,
TV

Out of interest (and a certain masochistic pleasure) I went to the website.
After clicking on the section about property guarantees, I saw the picture of the Chairman of the group and burst out laughing. Seriously, you would trust that man for investment advice?! Why not just buy a second hand car from him instead??
Here's the link:
http://www.yourpropertyclub.com/unique-property-guarantees/
Go on, guys - click on it! It's worth it :D

Any commercial organisation with the word 'club' in it is an abuse of the word and thus is based on deception*.

Stay away!

(*) OK there's some harmless exceptions, eg Club Med, Coffee Club etc, and some genuine long-established clubs/associations actually have company structures, but as far as investment is concerned the above sentence is true.

Also the 24 hour cooling off period is inferior to the 3 day statutory right offered to non-auction buyers in some states eg Victoria.

Out of interest (and a certain masochistic pleasure) I went to the website.
After clicking on the section about property guarantees, I saw the picture of the Chairman of the group and burst out laughing. Seriously, you would trust that man for investment advice?! Why not just buy a second hand car from him instead??
Here's the link:
http://www.yourpropertyclub.com/unique-property-guarantees/
Go on, guys - click on it! It's worth it :D

Hey Baby- he looks shagadellic- if you can dig that.

if you dig a bit further via google he was uk based but is now returning here in oz. has a website with au.

but agree there are many other options for a new investor and plenty of research to do before acting, especially on these types of organisations.

but its ok to look, ask and learn.

I'm with everyone else on this - do your own research. I managed a unit for investors last year for who purchased through an investment club. It was a brand new unit when they purchased off the plan a couple of years ago and there were so many things wrong with it along with shoddy execution. I felt really sorry for them.

Jody.

Funny you both mention this, I was going to say he looks a little like Hugh Grant.

I thought the same :D

Interesting web-site, they have been going for a while in the UK.

Looking through the site etc Brett Alegre-Wood was apparently mixed up with a personal development group and the mortgage broking industry in the early days in Australia before heading off to the UK.

There is also a book out in the market written by Brett Alegre-Wood which is The 3+1 Plan - The Insiders Way to Achieve Financial Freedom with Just 4 Properties

I thought there was a lot of good information in thier education part of the web-site should you wish to read through it

As far as a Club goes, I may be off base but TIC would look to be more of a club than YPC when you look at membership involvement?

Thier business model appears to be sourcing 'hard to move' stock at a discount from Off The Plan developers or sourcing 'bulk' stock at a discount from these developers at the early stages of development and then on-selling them to thier clients/members?

This model would seem to restrict the number of properties and locations available to thier clients/members though as a percentage of the overall market

Mick CONYNGHAM - Jnr VP The Finance Brokers Association of Australia is listed on thier site as being involved, they also refer to in-house brokers and an assocation with one of Australias award winning brokers

from the site

Expert advice, the key to a portfolio that flourishes

We'll take you through it all: structuring of your property purchase, the management of your finance, the individual structure employed on each of your deals and the strategy applied to your overall portfolio.

We'll be there to hold your hand and walk right beside you through every decision and every step. We'll answer your questions making sure you are 100% clear every step of the way.

They charge a set finders fee and on the site disclose they 'may' receive introducer fees, agency fees, and/or commissions. This can include fees from developers and other third party services

As always Do Your Own Research, it would be interesting to see a list of companies now providing such services for those not willing to do so and hard to distinguish a fin in the water when your out swimming, from a shark looking for prey or a dolphin looking for play

I dont know them, however I saw this guy talk a few years ago and a few articles he has done and he seems pretty alright. What he produced to the market as in stratergies etc were very good. The reason i say this is it is inline with my own personal investing and that is different. He buys below market, pulls equity and goes again. He also looks at the property as a part of your business, and looks at how rents will be increased with inflation.

I dont endorse him, or have anything to say about the company, but what collateral i saw a few years ago the guy had common sense.

Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of the company.

Just because you're a first time property investor doesn't mean you need to engage the services of such a company.

How are they remunerated for their services? Are they selling the properties?

Forums like this are a great source of free information. I'd hang around here for a while - continue to build your knowledge about investing and then decide whether you need to go down the path of utilising a "property club."

Cheers

Jamie

I couldn't agree more!

You're much better off finding a brilliant property management company, and asking them for advice - find out where they are seeing the most activity, and what properties are generating the highest yield.

I get asked this question all the time - I am more than happy to point out a handful of great properties (majority of the time the properties are with different agencies).

I do this because I know I will then get the business for the rental side - so it's in my best interest.

And let's face it - a good PM is on the front line, and knows the market inherently - AND they won't cost you anything until you lease the property with them :)

There are so many people doing something similar to us. We are looking at becoming 1st time Investors and are in discussion with "The Investment Club" or TIC. They seem to be quite good although some of their properties are in areas where there are heaps of similar places.

Has anyone used the club and had good results?

I guess we all want someone to tell us what to do but it isn't that simple is it.... we are finding that out!! Queensland doesn't seem such a good buy at the moment but the 'club' certainly has plenty of properties there.

I had also read that Geelong is not bad :)

There are so many people doing something similar to us. We are looking at becoming 1st time Investors and are in discussion with "The Investment Club" or TIC. They seem to be quite good although some of their properties are in areas where there are heaps of similar places.

Do a search on this forum & find threads like:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42746

It make sense to employ others if they reduce risk and/or increase returns for you.

I'm not sure if this necessarily applies to outfits like TI'C'.

My guess is you're no worse off throwing a dart at a real estate agents window and paying full asking on whatever it hits. And you could well be better off.

Want to do a bit better than the average the above will give?

Find the council rates notice in the vendors statement and offer (or bid at auction) within (say) 10k of the council's valuation. If you don't get it walk away, and move onto the next one.

Despite what some agents say (they reckon council valuations are unrealistically low) it is quite possible to buy an OK place for valuation or very close to it.

If you succeed in this you'll likely get a better than average buy. And the current market (only 50% auction clearance yesterday) indicates that value is easier to find now than a year back.

Back