Zillmere <350K

Hi Guys, I am a newbie, been following this forum for a long time, thanks for all the knowledge all you guys been given.

Currently, thinking about getting an IP near Brisbane area, budget around low 300, can stretch to 350 if needed. looking for both balanced CF (slightly -ve CF is acceptable, with solid CG of course)... more focus on long term (>7-10yrs). been doing some research and narrow down to zilmere...with zilmere, given the public transportation availability and close to Chermside shopping, do you think it's a good spot? checked the floodmap, doesn't looks like the areas been affected. or I missed some other good potential areas

something like this worth pursuit?
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Townhouse/QLD/Zillmere/?adid=2010918092

I am living in Syd, would be very appreciate to get some local advice.

Zillmere is an up and coming suburb. Close to everything and slowly losing its reputation as a "wild" housing commission suburb.

The townhouse should get good rent as it looks fairly new. If you hold it long term (ie more than 5 years) you should do well.

I am a newbie too, and in Perth, but originally from Brisbane.

Zillmere is so close to the developments going on at Chermside, I am really interested in the area and keeping an eye on it. For a bit more, $350K you can get a house and large block for later development if you want.

When you look at Chermside/Stafford/Stafford heights - large blocks and basic house on 600+ sq metres; around $450K, then go across the road to Zillmere, a 10 minute drive in bad traffic and the same property s $100K less, well, that makes things look very interesting to me.

Hi Guys, I am a newbie, been following this forum for a long time, thanks for all the knowledge all you guys been given.

Currently, thinking about getting an IP near Brisbane area, budget around low 300, can stretch to 350 if needed. looking for both balanced CF (slightly -ve CF is acceptable, with solid CG of course)... more focus on long term (>7-10yrs). been doing some research and narrow down to zilmere...with zilmere, given the public transportation availability and close to Chermside shopping, do you think it's a good spot? checked the floodmap, doesn't looks like the areas been affected. or I missed some other good potential areas

something like this worth pursuit?
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Townhouse/QLD/Zillmere/?adid=2010918092

I am living in Syd, would be very appreciate to get some local advice.

I will recommend you to search house with land, where you can develop/subdivide later down the track. Area has been move for quite sometimes, if you monitor since last year you can pick house around $300k

Yes houses North of Brissie are the go but tend to get snapped up quickly.

I will recommend you to search house with land, where you can develop/subdivide later down the track. Area has been move for quite sometimes, if you monitor since last year you can pick house around $300k

I haven't seen any house and land in Zillmere for a long time. Maybe townhouse or unit.

$300k houses in the Greater Brisbane Region seem to be mostly southside - Acacia Ridge, Inala, Durack, Darra.

Deagon maybe on the Northside still. Bracken Ridge used to be in your price range and imagine the odd one might still pop up.

I haven't seen a Zillmere House Contract with less than $350k this financial year, but then I only see what comes through our office.

$300k houses in the Greater Brisbane Region seem to be mostly southside - Acacia Ridge, Inala, Durack, Darra.

Deagon maybe on the Northside still. Bracken Ridge used to be in your price range and imagine the odd one might still pop up.

I haven't seen a Zillmere House Contract with less than $350k this financial year, but then I only see what comes through our office.

You wouldn't be able to recommend any suburbs 500 and under with development potential, either know or for the future close to the city as can be.

Hmm don't mean to hijack this thread, but have people noticed movement in the nearby suburb Fitzgibbon? Newer stock, train line - assume growth would correlate quite closely with Zillmere?

Last edited:
Hmm don't mean to hijack this thread, but have people noticed movement in the nearby suburb Fitzgibbon? Newer stock, train line - assume growth would correlate quite closely with Zillmere?

Have been watching Fitzgibbon for a while. Vacant lots here, while small, have been moving very quickly. As I understand it, all lots within an easy walk to the train line have now been sold (or very close to it). Prices for like-for-like vacant lots have increased by $30-40k in the last 12 months and they are still selling quickly so demand is obviously there.

Proximity to the train line, the government hub at Carseldine, Bruce Hwy, Airport, the development at Chermside and good local amenities/green space gives me confidence about both yield and capital growth into the future.

Hmm good to hear about the recent price movements. I went for a drive past there and it looked like a very neat neighbourhood to live in. Any idea whether there'll be more land releases? It looked like they were working up on larger lots down the back end (further away from the train station), but that was a while ago.

Have been watching Fitzgibbon for a while. Vacant lots here, while small, have been moving very quickly. As I understand it, all lots within an easy walk to the train line have now been sold (or very close to it). Prices for like-for-like vacant lots have increased by $30-40k in the last 12 months and they are still selling quickly so demand is obviously there.

Proximity to the train line, the government hub at Carseldine, Bruce Hwy, Airport, the development at Chermside and good local amenities/green space gives me confidence about both yield and capital growth into the future.

Fitzgibbon has a fairly large area of land called "Fitzbibbon chase" where a lot of development is happening. Lots of small houses on tiny blocks, townhouses and apartments in a well landscaped, trendy looking neighborhood close to the train line. Houses in the older areas in Fitzgibbon might be getting snapped up as the neighborhood starts to improve. Roads around the area are also getting upgraded.
Cheers, nat

Back