Zoned Light Industrial

can anyone please tell me what this means in QLD in laymans terms?

the block has a house on it, my opotion would be to renovate it lightly or renovate it lightly and tear down in a few years and develop

Not sure about Qld - everything is a bit funny and weird over there.

In WA, we have two zonings for industrial land - general and light.

General Industry - you can do anything on.

Light Industry means you need a handbag at all times and wear flouro pink workvests.

Yikes, but Dazz explaination is pretty close to the mark.

In my city council area, Light Industrial or Low Impact as it is sometimes referred to is for warehousing and more quiet work such as machining, light fabrication, light industrial workshop and fitting equipment and is usually mixed with commercial entities in the related industries (ie safety equipment shops and the like). There are specified times that work may happen, and also have noise limits (such as 10 decibels above normal level until such time, then drops off to 5/3 decibels etc).

General Industry or High Impact is 24/7 'make as much noise at whatever hour you like' type zoning, for really heavy fabrication type applications.

My operation is a General Industry, High Impact operation, however I am operating in a Light Industry, Low Impact industrial estate. It took me 8 months to get my DA across the line, but I have intensified my operating area to General Industry, so I can conduct business. I have 2 neighbours who complain, but with the Regulatory Services and WPH&S always kept in the loop when we work outside of the 'normal' Light Industrial hours, plus my annual SIMTARS reports presented usually result in a nice cup of coffee and a chat talking safety $h!t.

pinkboy

hi

Tell me the city council area or even better PM me the address and I will have a look for you and report back here

Hi TMNT

Unfortunately that council area uses a very outdated model of a planning scheme that is not of a similiar format to all the ones I deal with.

As a general rule with that sized lot you could stick a great big tilt slab or tin shed on it or a complex of little ones.

Unfortunately I don't know that market either.

Feel free to send me other stuff anytime, most councils use the same format and so I can find out quickly even if i don't know the council code well, this time not so much

regards

D

The factory we have our business in (sunshine coast) is light industrial. It means we are not allowed to make noise before 7:00am and not after 7:00pm

We are also not allowed to be "dirty" ie no fumes or liquid waste. I think there may be limits to the size of vehicles for delivery too (ie no containers at the front door)

We run a security screen business and we got a letter from council because one of the boys forgot to turn the compresser off one Friday and it kept coming on all weekend . :eek: oops.. I now have it on a timer that shuts it off at 6:00pm and turns it on again at 7:25. We generally start at 7:30 so it is up and going when it needs to be.

Back