Zoning: "Low Density Residential"

I'm currently looking at a house that's zoned Low Density Residential. It's a free standing house with land

Could someone tell me what the potential issues / impact of this could be? any pros or just all cons?

PROs: You can knock down your old house sometime in the future and build villas or townhouses.
If you don't want to, then some developer will come knocking on your door some time in future. You may consolidate a few houses with your neighbours to make more land for such a development.
CONs: If you want to live in this property as your PPOR forever, over time you will be surrounded with these sorts of developments.

PROs: You can knock down your old house sometime in the future and build villas or townhouses.
If you don't want to, then some developer will come knocking on your door some time in future. You may consolidate a few houses with your neighbours to make more land for such a development.
CONs: If you want to live in this property as your PPOR forever, over time you will be surrounded with these sorts of developments.

How does 'low density residential' all people to build townhouses/villas???

No they are not meant to be for developments...It is zoned 'low density' for that reason....

Usually these areas are quite 'exclusive' and attract premium prices for that reason rather than for pure money-making.

No they are not meant to be for developments...It is zoned 'low density' for that reason....

Usually these areas are quite 'exclusive' and attract premium prices for that reason rather than for pure money-making.

On the same street there's currently a new duplex being built (the old property was purchased in 09 and knocked down since) - what do I make of that? their block is bigger - around 650sqm whereas the one I'm looking at is around 480 sqm.

Back