Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

gooram I'm surprised you see the freeway north as bottle necked and a problem. I've always lived North and love it and I love my frreeway!!

I've always thought that the freeway south of Perth was bottle necked. I hate that road towards Mandurah.

At least freeway north is a prettier drive. :cool:

Have to agree about old Quinns, those blocks are great. Now that I've figured out how to use Real estate.com by placing the properties for sale on a map, it is much easier for me to pick which houses are in old Quinns.

Heh, heh, well if you've got the time the scenic drive along the coast is the way to go.

I think they're both bad, but coz I have a rental in mullaloo, I travel north much more than south. It's called a freeway, but it continually merges down to two lanes and stops traffic, there's plenty of room to make sure there's 3/4 lanes the whole way, I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

Either you're conditioned to the traffic up that way or I'm conditioned otherwise, bit of both I'd say :)

Dunno when last you were in new Quinns, but I would hardly call it a dump now. There are some really nice homes there. There are pockets though, no doubt about it. Sewage is in, and would need to be with all the development in Butler, Jindalee, Ridgewood and Clarkson.

I live in Hillarys at the moment, and must say that access out here is not a problem at all? Freeways into the CBD are busy in the morning, but its pretty easy going most days

I was shopping up there about 2006 and you still couldn't subdivide in old quinns because sewerage was not in yet. Agents were saying it was imminent but couldn't put a time frame on it. So this has been done hey?

NOR traffic is infinitely better than negotiating leach, canning, roe, tonkin, stirling hwys, stock rd, nicholson rd etc.

truck truck trucks trucks trucks trucks

I was shopping up there about 2006 and you still couldn't subdivide in old quinns because sewerage was not in yet. Agents were saying it was imminent but couldn't put a time frame on it. So this has been done hey?

doesn't mater - Quinns is R20 and you need min 1000sqm to subdivide now.

hi bluecard,

did that new regulation went thru? i heard that the state govt did not go ahead with that change even though it was proposed during labour's watch.

not sure it is true, i heard that quinns, two and yanchep used to be a military training ground... anyone heard that before?

yes you have to sign a UXO (unexploded ordinace) clause/waiver when you buy land in the area. it outlines what you have to do should you find something, who you have to call, etc and how you are responsible for yourself.

the regulation applies to all freehold and green title subdivisions - but not to grouped dwellings (build/survey strata).

absolutley fkn stupid IMO - the R Codes are designed to be a blanket policy. not some namby pamby bend and sway to every local body out there, policy on the run document.

number 1....lynwood,canningvale, thornlie, maddington...are not high priced suburbs.

Hi Blue Card.

Perhaps I should have explained more: what I meant was higher priced suburbs surround Langford, not that the surrounding suburbs are relatively high priced ones. Langford has much the same housing stock as Lynwood or Thornlie for example, yet is cheaper? Why? I suggest it is a historical issue flowing from the time Langford had around 60% Homeswest content, whereas now it is in line with surrounding suburbs, perhaps at 10%? I am suggesting that the differential between Langford and surrounds will reduce with time, benefiting those purchasing or holding in Langford now.

Burbs

Wonder where they are all going ??

Top destinations of recent evictees:

1. No fixed address. The ever popular NFA as many evictees simply disappear off the radar scope.
2. Sharing with family or friends: often the family or friends are renting HomesWest, and the suburbs are spread over the metro area (ok the cheaper bits).
3. HomesWest in their own name: again spread over the metro area. Without any decent analysis, top of mind suburbs include the deep south-east corridor (Armadale and surrounds).
4. Country: Northam and a few other wheatbelt towns come to mind.
5. Private rentals: Yes, in my follow up of evictees I have tracked them down to private landlords, pleased that their home rented so quickly, and completely oblivious to the past of their tenants.
6. Other real estate agents: Yes, sometimes other agencies rent to evicted tenants. Although much less frequent than going to private owners, it does occur.

Actually in retrospect, I get perhaps 1 call for a rental reference for a departed tenant (departing either on good or bad terms) every 2-3 weeks; however my staff are making multiple calls every day for references to other owners and agencies. No references, no rent. Period. The lack of incoming calls means people generally dont bother checking their prospective tenant's references. Particularly as I have lodged all our evictees on three different databases.

Cheers for that burbs. Good to have someone with alot of local in depth knowledge feeding us numpties out here.

Doesn't bode well for all of the Homeswest houses filling up with your refuges.

Looking at the papers recently, they mentioned that there was something like 7M worth of damage done to Homeswest rentals by the tenants, but they reckon they have recovered up to 75% of that from the tenants. Not sure about that.

People who kick in doors and smash things normally don't stump up the cash to fully rectify.

Cheers for that burbs. Good to have someone with alot of local in depth knowledge feeding us numpties out here.

Doesn't bode well for all of the Homeswest houses filling up with your refuges.

Looking at the papers recently, they mentioned that there was something like 7M worth of damage done to Homeswest rentals by the tenants, but they reckon they have recovered up to 75% of that from the tenants. Not sure about that.

People who kick in doors and smash things normally don't stump up the cash to fully rectify.

I did my trade as a painter with Homeswest (used to be state housing commission) many decades ago. As you can imagine I saw first hand the damage and filth created by some tenants. Some properties were just destroyed ... windows, walls, doors, floorboards, fences all wrecked. What did Homeswest do, .... place them in another property while the wrecked one had a total makeover.

Martin

If I buy a first bulit property, I qualify for the FHOG grant, but if I jointly buy a property with my mum, who already has another property and has already got the FHOC for her property, do I still qualify for FHOG?

If I buy a first bulit property, I qualify for the FHOG grant, but if I jointly buy a property with my mum, who already has another property and has already got the FHOC for her property, do I still qualify for FHOG?

Nope.

Each person who will be on the title has to be able to say they have "never owned and occupied a house"

Last edited:
just spent the morning scooping up a tenants refuse as I need to clean out the 6x6 shed packed to the brim full of old lounges, clothes and filth. It was quite interesting watching my other property across the street - suppose to be a nice young couple there with no pets. anyway she has taken off and now there are 5 cars, a couple of dogs and there must have been a dozen or more 'visitors'. being a Fridaythey probably need a bit of substance for the weekend no doubt. Hope the ex realises she is still liable for her boyfriends actions.

anyway there will be 5 or 6 more morons landing in a homeswest house soon (or some unwitting resi IP landlord) - just realised an old eviction notice still stands so sending the bailiff around monday morning.

ooh the bailiff paperwork just turned up from the PM - better go fill it in.

Resi IPs? never again. I'm out. just met a guy this morning who has net assets well in excess of $100m. his insight was quite inspiring.

Resi IPs? never again. I'm out. just met a guy this morning who has net assets well in excess of $100m. his insight was quite inspiring.

Please share your thoughts, what do you intend doing next. My past 2 days have been a nighmare in resi too. My last interstate purchase has been a huge burdon, from tenants not moving out at settlement, pool equip missing, oven not working, nothing cleaned, dealing with pathetic PM's and RE's, couple of thousand dollars extra I need to rectify things on top of property not being rented for past 4 weeks.

his thoughts pretty much aligned to what I have concluded myself. will fill you in tomorrow - remind me

most of the posters on here won't like it

Back