Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

why? the gains reported there are news from yonks ago, the real story is what the number will be next time you read it. with the market tightening rapidly I have a fair idea

why? the gains reported there are news from yonks ago, the real story is what the number will be next time you read it. with the market tightening rapidly I have a fair idea

Its from June 08 - June 09.

What do you mean by that? Do you think values are going up now cos the market is tightening. What does tightening mean exactly? What do you think is happening in Perth now? lol lots of questions

I see a trend developing - could be wrong.

Mel and Sydney have been going off apparanlty... Melbourne because its growing and foreign money and Sydney I think because supply as been gagged. The growth economies of Qld and Perth suffered when everyone thought the world had ended. In Perth the supply ballooned to 18000.
We are now going into spring with 12000 and falling, with supply severely hampered, the economy picking up, fat chance of the RBA taking IRs up too high and on the verge of our biggest resources boom this country has ever seen along with strong population growth - I am struggling to see how prices can be restrained.

the only concern here is a repeat of 2006ish, when the 2 tiered economy forced the RBA to raise rates for the growth states but it hampered the south east. Once it gets underway (and I am not talking about next month) this will be more of a challenge for the RBA than last time and it could really hurt the old economy cities

perth? mate the sense of urgency out there is insane.

i was just informed that one of my 23 unit sites in Tapping sold out in - wait for it - 10 days - last one cleared Monday.

another 9 in armadale gone in 14 days - again last one cleared Monday.

i'm currently drawing 16x, 24x, 22x, 22x, 15x, and 17x - for one client.

another large client coming on board next week.

i'm trying my damndest to get into Karratha at present - those boys up there know how to drag their feet - there's no more land coming up now at all.

titles for something i buy today will be ready January. Construction finished August 2010. how's that for a backlog?

i'm glad i put the struggle in to buy west of marmion ave.

i see a 2001-2005 explosion in prices coming up - and i aint selling ANYTHING this time around.

Did anyone else see the article in the sunday times today. It was in the real estate section. According to Landgate quite a few suburbs in Perth have gone up over the past 12 months. eg Dianella has gone up 10% in the past 12 months.

It was interesting to see the number of listings reduced overall, they were climbing to new highs for a while there, but then again the population has been ever increasing as well

We are now going into spring with 12000 and falling, with supply severely hampered, the economy picking up, fat chance of the RBA taking IRs up too high and on the verge of our biggest resources boom this country has ever seen along with strong population growth - I am struggling to see how prices can be restrained.

Things have changed so fast. Just 6 months ago people here on ss wouldn't even have considered investing in Perth!

The impression I am getting from visiting SS is that some Perth SS will be buying soon in Perth however eastern states SS are not interested in buying in Perth atm. Probably cos of the rental yield. I dunno. Maybe they cant see the positives.

High Wycombe

I'm interested to hear what people think of an IP in High Wycombe - $365,000 3x2 brand new with expected rent returns of about $355 p/w.

Bought the most recent property in May and settled in July, sounds like the timing was perfect. Ideally Id like to pick up another one soon, but gotta fund some sort of house purchase over here in Japan next year.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,26077963-5013244,00.html

The above lists Terry Ryders 'hotspots' for WA.

VERY pleased to see Rockingham on the list! I can only hope.

Would be interested in your opinions.

Summary of 'hotspots' as listed in the article....

"Albany
Key drivers: lifestyle features, government decisions, urban renewal
Typical prices: $280,000 - $445,000

Broome
Key drivers: lifestyle features, boom town, government decisions
Typical prices: $460,000 - $650,000

Bunbury
Key drivers: transport infrastructure, boom towns, lifestyle features
Typical prices: $255,000 - $580,000

Collie
Key drivers: boom town, government decisions
Typical prices: $260,000

Geraldton
Key drivers: boom town, government decisions, transport infrastructure
Typical prices: $335,000 - $420,000

Joondalup
Key drivers: government decisions, lifestyle features, transport infrastructure
Typical prices: $380,000 - $585,000

Karratha
Key drivers: boom town, government decisions, lifestyle features
Typical prices: $625,000 - $835,000

Merredin
Typical prices: $150,000

Port Hedland
Typical prices: $365,000 - $770,000

Rockingham
Key drivers: ugly duckling, government decisions, transport infrastructure, lifestyle features
Typical prices: $295,000 - $420,000

Note: List from hotspotting.com.au. All locations are listed alphabetically - order does not indicate greater weighting or importance."

Port Hedland

Where did he get these figures from??? You couldn't buy the garage on a PH house for $365,000!

I've just brought a house in Port for work, which I move into a fortnight ago. For our $1.1m budget we couldn't find anything livable (looked for 6 months). Ended up spending $1.3m on a standard, new colorbond house.

The cheapest freestanding house on realetate.com.au in Heddo at the moment is $765,000.

The Karratha prices are not as far out, but still look too cheap. One problem with the cheaper stuff is that no one (big companies, govt) really wants to rent it.

The list does seem to focus on regional WA.

Look, I agree the Pilbara is a 'hotspot', but isn't that already priced in? C'mon at $1.3mil for a tin shed, where's the upside??

Port Hedland

Where did he get these figures from??? You couldn't buy the garage on a PH house for $365,000!

I've just brought a house in Port for work, which I move into a fortnight ago. For our $1.1m budget we couldn't find anything livable (looked for 6 months). Ended up spending $1.3m on a standard, new colorbond house.

The cheapest freestanding house on realetate.com.au in Heddo at the moment is $765,000.

The Karratha prices are not as far out, but still look too cheap. One problem with the cheaper stuff is that no one (big companies, govt) really wants to rent it.

The list does seem to focus on regional WA.

Look, I agree the Pilbara is a 'hotspot', but isn't that already priced in? C'mon at $1.3mil for a tin shed, where's the upside??

it may sound like a lot but that tin shed isn't really a tin shed... it's a very expensive cyclonic home with all the creature comforts... the cost of construction is staggering.

I went to a home open along with about 6 other interested parties today for a resi property. It came on the market yesterday. There's already been one offer made, and vendor will consider offers after home open on Sunday. **** - if it's this busy on Friday, Sundays home open will be interesting.

Back