Ugly shed from neighbor as boundary

Oh, and for all the people saying a shed has to be 1m back ... in our council at least you are allowed to have up to X metres of shed/garage as the boundary fence, I don't see why other councils wouldn't have similar rules. We're going to use this one ourselves to build a carport right to the boundary.

http://mrbamboo.com.au/

I would not buy from these guys but they have all the information that you need.

When choosing bamboo, clumping is fine to place in the ground. There are different styles and heights.

If you want to trim them to a certain height then the cut stalks will not grow back.

We had to blockout a rear neighbour and did the entire back fence with textilus gracilis 80cm high 1.5 metre apart which became 6 metres dense hedge in 28 months.

We choose the plant because we have only 20-30cm between the pool and rear fence and needed something easy to maintain.

Low maintenance and feed it twice a year with the lawn.

First check with council. If the shed is illegal, your problem is solved.

Second, ensure you have enough light coming in other windows. You don't say how far along your building is, but you may be able to make small modifications to the plan, introduce more reflective/whiter surfaces, or put a skylight (solar tube) in the ceiling.

Third, screen the shed - bamboo etc as suggested.

Did you not see the window being built? And surely you would have seen it on the plans anyway. I am really surprised the builders didn't ask you if you wanted it changed.

That is 1m away from the boundary. The shed's wall is sitting right as a boundary...

Yes your house is 1m away but the shed from your post is right on the line.
In residential areas, in my town at least, that would be a illegal building.
Any shed has to be 1m inside their side.

You can have a carport/garage on the boundary if it has a parapet wall.

I would put a good solid wire frame up (weld mesh panels) or as many as it needs and plant a dense creeper to screen out the shed. I have a couple of creepers here but have NO idea of the name. Speak to you local nursery they would help.

Or using the same wire panels fix shade cloth to the wire and cover using cork product (attach orchids) or make up fibre baskets (from bunning) and put in a varity of orchids / bromilias etc along the wall make a feature. Some nice gravel on the ground will come up a treat. As for orchids / bromilias friends may have some to start with as well as local markets or go to a grower.

Work with what you have not against it.

Just my 2 cents worth

1:Silver splash back frame against the shed with water feature and lights(solar lights if theirs any light getting in).Or minus the water feature a statue and or with some hardy succulents.
2:Tint windows
3:The ridiculous?Replace window with a twin that opens inward and install a projection screen against the shed and buy a projector for an outdoor theater.

Hi,

I'm wondering if the shed is actually the boundary, or if there is guttering which is the boundary. If you find out that the guttering of the shed is over your title then you could probably take action, otherwise maybe get some sort of screening or vegetation to put on the side of the shed. They're allowed to build on the boundary, as long as it doesn't go over the title unfortunately.

Cheers,
Ashley Stacey

Hi wll, what council are you in? Have you checked as to whether the shed is allowed in its current location, and whether it has council permission?

Hi wll, what council are you in? Have you checked as to whether the shed is allowed in its current location, and whether it has council permission?

Hm....I see. But...i guess i tried not to get into fight with this old bloke, he's been living there for over 30 years and as single still, and is a bit of weird jerk... I can imagine he will get real pissed if we have to get him knock down his shed, I think he said that's his entertainment room.... hm...

Get your builder to remove the window.

Looking at the reflection there is plenty of light in the house so you shouldn't really need the window there. I take this back if you are having intertnal walls built that aren't sjhowing up in the reflection.

With that shed so close and over 2.4m tall there is not going to be sufficient light supplied by the window and a skylight will provide the same light if not more.

Cheers

Back