Ugly shed from neighbor as boundary

I am currently building a new house, but the neighbour has a shed as boundary, and when the i look out to the window in the back family area, it doesn;t look very nice to me, as it shows in pictures attached.

Anybody got any idea on dealing with this? Anything I can do to make it better?

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 276
Might be different in your town but in my area a shed must be 1m from the boundary....

Find some uni artist to paint an landscape on it?

So that is the shed right outside the window?
Wouldn't that be where you'd put your fence normally?
If so why would you build your house 20cm from the boundary?
I'm surprised any council let you do that.

Find a clumping bamboo that grows to your required height or any other hedging typed of plant.

The bamboo will screen that out in 12 months.

Yep, the shed wall is a couple of feet from the window. Pretty ugly.

I don't think I would have picked a house design that had a window there, but the OP is stuck with it now.

I agree that clumping bamboo in a pot might be best. Probably worth painting the shed wall green, too.

Why bother with a window?

Hm... I wish I can not bother it. Does it bother to Australians?...I am not sure, but me personally...wouldn't like my house to have smth like that. Does it matter to buyers you reckon? Although I am not selling yet, gonna rent it out for some years...

Yep, the shed wall is a couple of feet from the window. Pretty ugly.

I don't think I would have picked a house design that had a window there, but the OP is stuck with it now.

I agree that clumping bamboo in a pot might be best. Probably worth painting the shed wall green, too.

Do I have the rights to pain the shed wall?...The neighbor is a demanding old man...

I would check the boundaries. It may be that your builders have built your house in the wrong place and your wall is the boundary. Also check the planning consent for the shed. If there is none council will make him pull it down.:)

I think the shed is the big wall that sorts resembles a set of blinds in the small pic.

Oh! I was looking right *through* it at the reflection lol ... brain did not compute a shed quite that close ....

The inlaws have a lovely view of a fence right through a window, they have decals stuck all over that window. We're planning to plant camellias outside our only window (dining room) that looks onto a fence but we have 2m to the fence (a deliberate choice) so there's room to do that.

Doubt you could get any plant to grow there ... if you have too much cash, find an artist to paint you a realistic landscape on a piece of fibre cement board and stick that to the side of the shed. Would look like crap if you painted directly onto the shed.

Turns out you can see right into our new loungeroom window from our old loungeroom window - mind you, you have to be actually standing at the window peering out - so screening shrubs are jumping to the top of my list of priorities.

Back