$85k pa and living pay chq to pay chq

On this forum, what many of us are trying to achieve is 100k in passive income, per year, every year, indexed to inflation over time. Not so much concerned about 100k p.a. in active income.

Passive income is a completely separate issue to my post and this topic.

By the way, I don't want to earn 100k a year in passive income. I want to achieve 150k :D However, if I was to achieve 80k and I was healthy, I'd be happy.

A rich man can't buy time.

Last edited:
Passive income is a completely separate issue to my post and this topic.

By the way, I don't want to earn 100k a year in passive income. I want to achieve 150k :D However, if I was to achieve 80k and I was healthy, I'd be happy.

A rich man can't buy time.

My mum's relative who is in his mid sixties who had only just been retired for 2 years found out he has only a few months to live. You just dont know how long you have got left! I guess at least he had 2 years of retirement, better than nothing.

Imagine if you worked and worked many long hours for that elusive $150 k pa only to find out you have just a few months left to live. If I were that person I'd have rather retired 10 years earlier on half of that and enjoyed/had a balance in life as you just dont know when your time is up hey.

Back