Australian Debt Clock

I'd seen the US one, but not the Aussie one

Australian Debt Clock

Australian Debt Clock is dedicated to informing the public of our nations trending debt levels. These debt levels are given in isolation of a vast amount of economic data and information that this website does not explore, and therefore should not be used as a sole point of reference.

Australian Debt Clock seeks to create awareness around an economic issue that has many dimensions. This website only explores the aggregating levels of debt amongst the different sectors of the Australian economy, and seeks to remain unbiased of the positive and negative economic implications. Rather, this website will pursue presenting impartial information that will serve as a point of reference for users.

The only one going down is the credit card debt.....very slowly.

I'd reckon most of the Labor voters couldn't give a stuff in any case.....especially anything to do with Govt debt. It's someone else's problem...nothing to do with them apparently.

Doesn't affect them.....or so they like to think.

Maybe this real budget will bring the Labor voters back to reality, where the welfare gravy train doesn't roll on forever.....but given their reaction in the last 2 weeks, I very much doubt it.

The only one going down is the credit card debt.....very slowly.

I'd reckon most of the Labor voters couldn't give a stuff in any case.....especially anything to do with Govt debt. It's someone else's problem...nothing to do with them apparently.

Doesn't affect them.....or so they like to think.

Maybe this real budget will bring the Labor voters back to reality, where the welfare gravy train doesn't roll on forever.....but given their reaction in the last 2 weeks, I very much doubt it.

Spoken like a true Liberal. In the words of the party faithful, here here!

I remember the coalition foreign debt truck doing the rounds in '96 crowing about something like $200 billion in foreign debt... seems pretty na?ve (and such a tiny amount) in hindsight.

I remember the coalition foreign debt truck doing the rounds in '96 crowing about something like $200 billion in foreign debt... seems pretty na?ve (and such a tiny amount) in hindsight.

I suppose it was tiny. Thankfully Johnny Howard paid it back. Now it starts again.

See ya's.

Yeah, we would've been much better off carrying that into the GFC.

Yeah, we would've been much better off carrying that into the GFC.

Australia's Net Foreign debt (which the Debt truck was trumpeting, not just Gov't Debt) went up from 38% of GDP to 51% of GDP under John Howard. The point I was making was, firstly foreign debt is now much, much larger, and secondly people people don't seem as concerned nowadays about foreign debt in general.

I suppose it was tiny. Thankfully Johnny Howard paid it back. Now it starts again.

See ya's.

Paid off by selling government businesses including telstra.

The big problem with Telstra is he didn't structurally seperate wholesale/retail before selling it which is the main problem with the current telecommunications in this country and the real reason labor didn't go with FTTN.

There are documents floating around from Telstra in mid 90's saying copper has reached end of life and it's time to go fiber. That was when they had a vested interest in what's best for the country, but obviously now they are looking for what's in the best interest for Telstra shareholders.

Back