Bill Zheng's latest seminar

Hee hee its so contrarian to buy & hold now now even the gurus are running.

Even though good buys are now below replacement cost. Eventually that lightbulb will go on.

he he very funny

I feel likewise. I also say the same about you.
I tend to listen to the opinions of those I respect, work out which elements or strategies resonate with me and act accordingly.
We all have different risk profiles, objectives and circumstances. There is no one size fits all strategy when it comes to investment strategies.

Hi Rob Williams heres a piece from another post for you

Michaey Yardney Undisputed Genuis- but can we apply his theories now ?

For such a diminuitive man he is such a mighty speaker and last night at APIA I was impressed.

But when the market here recovers in 3 or 4 years can his theories be applied.

The gist is to think capital gain and not be too bothered about cash-flow as you finance the gap between cost and expense by refinancing increasing or added value equity, where the increasing equity of capital growth properties far exceeds your holding costs.

If your properties have even a conservative average capital growth you can refinance and "Cash-flow for you" is not a problem as you are setting up lines of credit from your refinancing.

But your "statement of income for the bank" cant include this line of credit ?

1. Has Michael gone mad and forgotton the Credit Crunch !!!!
2. Dont you need "Lo Doc" mortgages to do this.
3. Or is their another way that banks can factor in lines of credit ?
3. Will Lo Doc or No Doc loans return in 3 /4 years time when market is strong and credit crunch has run its course.

Not too sure that George appreciated the fact that his exposure to the audience was cut from half an hour to about 10 minutes. And I think Bill could have done fine without him. Michael are you seriously saying that Bill would have sought George out to speak at his event? :)

Yes - it was pre-arranged with the questions were prepared - Bill is a professional

It seems like it would've been an interesting night; no Perth Visit planned though :(

Below was an email regarding content for the seminar

Here is some of the content I will discuss on the day...

The imperfect knowledge of interest rates, inflation, Australian dollars and GDP
* Where are interest rates going and what it will take for it to come down;
* What has inflation got to do with your wealth creation;
* What happens to your wealth when a country goes into deflation;
* Should you fix your interest rate now? If so, for how long;
* Will Australia escape the current recession in the developed world?
* How do you find certainty from our imperfect knowledge of the external world?

The real reason for the increase of property prices over the last 20 years
* Why it has worked for us so far;
* Why it won’t work forever;
* Performance of Australian residential properties measured by other major currencies;
* Residential property prices movement in Australia over the next 10 years;
* The natural gravity of rental yields for Australian investment properties;

The fundamentals of money
* The original purpose of money;
* A simple demonstration of money transformation in the last 80 years that everyone can understand;
* How money has been manipulated to the point that it could mean very little one day;
* How we all participated in the manipulation of money knowingly, unknowingly, willingly or unwillingly;
* The international collective lending systems and the impact on your property values;
* How much wealth you’ve created from properties today will still be yours tomorrow;

The wealth creation industry is built on quick sand for most investors
* The fundamental flaw in the model for everyday people and why only a small percentage can ever make it to financial freedom;
* Do we need to produce anything useful to become wealthy as an investor, a person, a business, or even a country?
* Most property investors will never create sustainable wealth because most of us unknowingly started investing for the destruction of money;
* What really creates wealth for you and your family? It is not property or any other investment you can think of;
* How can you quickly turn around your situation if you realize that you have been on the wrong track.

Your own situation
* Have you done your numbers lately? If not, is there anything or anyone bothering you?
* The simple formula to make money which most of us forget or don’t practice often enough;
* A fun exercise to show you where your future money will be coming from and where your money leakage is at the moment;
* How do you get started or go further in property investing from now on;
* The basic guidelines on how to review your property portfolio under the new paradigm (with examples);
* Tips on how to implement changes in areas of relationship, family, work, business and investment strategies;

Not to start flame or something bad here.

is bill zheng somehow connected to Michael Yardney ? how about chan ? are they all the same group ?

why is it on the Michael Yardney newsletter, he always says bill zheng seminar, and cost x amount to go there ? and chan seminar.

Is this something contradicting here.

Should we be listening to someone who does not gain financial interest from the event.

moderator, please delete post this if this will cause problem.

Just curios on what is the relations. That is all.

thx

Yardney, Zheng and Chan...I believe, have their own separate businesses, but seem to be working together in partnerships/alliances and creating synergies.

If they combined in to one powerful conglomorate, maybe they'd be big enough to float on the ASX? :D

nowadays, everyone can create a business.. but the business on its own is probably not good enough. so they need some kick back or partners.

although they seems to be different entity, but they have same goal ?

their goal now is telling us that:

1. Buy big block of land, and do subdivision.
2. Do not hold anymore standard stock housing in outer suburb.
3. Anything else someone can add ?

Is this how we interpret this seminar here.

Cheers

I went to the Melbourne event yesterday.

My biggest take home message was to keep LVR's at a sensible level. Bill considers that no matter what the deal, for investing (as distinct from trading, flipping, developing, etc if that's your cup of tea) before one adds to the kitty (and borrows more) they should have a portfolio LVR of less than 75 % and preferably less than 70 %.

I have been getting this feeling of non-agressive LVR's (leaving a buffer for softening and slight correction in values) for the last couple of months and have posted same thru numerous threads on this site.

I'm well below his LVR figures, however it is a useful benchmark in the current climate. Personally, I'm sitting on my hands and looking and listening.....and searching for the opportunities that will unfold, but I am not rushing.

Certainly there was much info presented and plusnq (who started this thread) has provided the crux of Bill's delivery.

If anyone else has attended this round of Bill's seminars could they also share "their take home message."

before one adds to the kitty (and borrows more) they should have a portfolio LVR of less than 75 % and preferably less than 70 %.

it wouldn't be easy to go much higher anyway plus with 20% or so written off it would be quite likely to end up at 100% LVR against current val

Maybe it is an age thing. As people get older they do tend to become more conservative and less willing to take greater risks.

And thanks Shane for sharing the information.

As one of the "older" ones, I can say that it's not being more conservative as you get older; you learn to be less reckless and invest sensibly.

It's similar to driving cars.

I see P-plate drivers doing several miles an hour over the speed limit - all the time, and worse still; in the fog, on wet roads, in the rain, tailgating etc. And don't get me started on the temporary Aussies - motorbike riders.

They all think they're bullet-proof of course, but I've seen many a wreck and know better.

Meanwhile, I'm driving along at the speed limit or just over it in fine conditions, and under the limit in poor conditions, and well back from the driver in front. ;)

Needless to say, I've survived along time, never get a speeding fine, while the young hoons are the biggest casualty group on the roads and are always wasting money on fines.

Interestingly, I still get to the destination almost at the same time as the hoons. :D

What's the point of investing with huge risk to make $10 mill, when you can wander along carefully and make $8 mill?

Hi ND

Just clarifying Bill's thoughts for you in case I didn't make myself clear in the first post. Bill said that the bulk of price increases over the last 25 years was due to people being willing to spend more of their income as a percentage (partly due to more disposable income if you read Keith's RBA report he posted a while ago) on OO property and inflation. Bill felt that the OO of outer mortgage belt areas were already at their maximum use of disposable income (so at the tipping point) from the business that they and their contacts have. So his thoughts were that there was simply less income left to bid up the outer prices any further at this point in time as opposed to more affluent areas that may still have more disposable income available for investment.

He didn't feel that rental or wages growth had anything to do with property price growth as its contribution was negligible of the 25 year period. His thoughts were that OO dominate the market and the amount of disposable income that they have to bid up prices is the major contributing factor in price movement after inflation.

Cheers

Shane

Interesting thoughts there.

I'd agree that the average OO (and Investor) is pretty much maxed out... there is a finite limit to how much people can contirbute their free time and disposable income towards mortgages... we are well and truely at that level for many areas. Many are even beyond that comfort level since about 1% is used as a general margin by some major banks (eg. Westpac from a nice chat I had with them last week). Petrol and other costs have soaked up that safety margin easily... all it takes is a minor problem (sickness, uninsured car accident etc.) for a terrible financial squeeze to become a sickening problem.

Some areas might fair better than others... but don't assume that if Australia has a recession that the wealthy areas will continue to do well in capital growth.

It comes down to what is most likely to happen... continued propserity for the many costal areas... or a pull back of wealth across the nation.

In the rush to get easy credit Australians seem to have hocked ourselves up to our eyeballs... when it unwinds it will most likely see asset price reduction across the board.

Michael Yardney a doctor

Slightly off topic here

Was Michael Yardney a doctor in a previous life as I read this on another forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya

I think u will find the basic philosophies of these folk is sufficiently different to ever stop them from becoming a "conglomerate".

They each have heir own unique value sets and way to go at different things. I feel they look to work together really well ( Synergy) because they are PRO doing something, rather than procrastinating and they are all VERY smart folk.

ta
rolf

Yes, went to MY's seminar in Melb on Saturday. There was mention of an X Factor. But he didn't know what it would be. Just a statement that we should expect there to be one. There's always something that pops up to catch the market by surprise...

hmm...the advertising alluded to intense research into the 'x ' factor. if there was no revelation, just a general statement to be prepared for x (all the time), that's a bit of a letdown.

hmm...the advertising alluded to intense research into the 'x ' factor. if there was no revelation, just a general statement to be prepared for x (all the time), that's a bit of a letdown.

That's not exactly what I discussed.

In fact I gave 8 or 10 possible X factors to watch out for.

Do you really think I would have let people down so badly:confused:

That's not exactly what I discussed.

In fact I gave 8 or 10 possible X factors to watch out for.

Do you really think I would have let people down so badly:confused:

Only in so far as the x factor was concerned, not your overall seminar.

If you read the post properly, I was responding to an attendee who said he/she didn't hear you detail the 'x factor'. IF it was 'just be prepared for a left field surprise etc etc', then that would be a letdown. Obviously not the case if you cited facts.

Back