Buyers agents

Hey everyone. Looking for my first IP and definitely want a buyers agent to help me.

Who uses buyers agents on this forum? I've got multiple cities i'm looking at and it's frustrating so just want to use a buyers agent who knows where I will get good capital growth because at the moment I keep looking at western sydney and keep thinking I should buy (even after all the growth) because it hasn't stopped and might get me a quick 100k in some areas and I can turn it cashflow positive if I put a granny.. I've got an appointment with someone in February but which companies do you think have the best buyers agents?

I've looked at:
Binvested
Metropole
Realwealth
Wheregroup
Rightpropertygroup

Unsure who the best is. What do you guys think? Has anyone got any experience with these agents or others they would like to share?

When I search buyers agent there's just a thousand threads that come up of people writing the words "buyers agent" and sometimes it just breaks the search into the single word so I can find buyers and agents, but not too many together.

Would like some help with this topic or if you know the threads can you post them here please. Thanks!

I've got multiple cities i'm looking at and it's frustrating so just want to use a buyers agent who knows where I will get good capital growth

I dont know that this will end well.

One too many open ends I expect.

id look hard at getting a better handle on where and why on your own resources, otherwise you will end up with "confused knowledge" and the best sales person will get the business.

ta

rolf

I dont know that this will end well.

One too many open ends I expect.

id look hard at getting a better handle on where and why on your own resources, otherwise you will end up with "confused knowledge" and the best sales person will get the business.

ta

rolf

In the multiple cities I have specific parts that I think will have good capital growth. I just kinda want someone to hold my hand through the first one to be honest. I'm just too nervous to negotiate cos its my first. The last agent saw I was kinda shaking when negotiating and im sure he took advantage of it. B & P inspection report made me back out of that deal anyway though

I'm also a little confused as to how some magazines predict some areas will go up on average in Sydney by 8+% when they've gone up about 46% in 2 years.. And i don't know what to make of it when i'm buying in a suburb thats 2 suburbs away from there..

In saying that, if you go through my previous posts I've written down my areas of interest

makes sense

whats the max spend ?

ta
rolf

I would like multiple properties for 600k with none over 400k. Reason is I don't want to spend more than 400k on one UNLESS they think its a sure thing is because I can still get decent stuff in Sydney for 400k which is close to my area and would give me comfort buying there.. In saying that im happy to go interstate if it helps me achieve my goals and helps me get started on a market thats about to boom rather than booming

I would like multiple properties for 600k with none over 400k. Reason is I don't want to spend more than 400k on one UNLESS they think its a sure thing is because I can still get decent stuff in Sydney for 400k which is close to my area and would give me comfort buying there.. In saying that im happy to go interstate if it helps me achieve my goals and helps me get started on a market thats about to boom rather than booming

be aware that diff buyers agents have diff specialities.............. so some will do better with some stuff than others.

Most of them arent " all things to all people" and will often tell you so

ta

rolf

be aware that diff buyers agents have diff specialities.............. so some will do better with some stuff than others.

Most of them arent " all things to all people" and will often tell you so

ta

rolf

I think the closest one to what I want is Nathan Birch. I like wHeregroups strategy too though hear they aren't as good interstate as others

Hi ej89,

I use and can recommend Matt from precium.com.au but I think the Sydney market is too hot for his liking at the moment, he has a good understanding of the south coast, parts of the Gold Coast and other large regional centres. Check out his site and see what you think.

Hi!
Have you done a search on the forum? There are a few recent threads including feedback.

Agree.

You can find quite a bit information on SS. Go to the search tab and try the names of the companys you have listed.

In saying that im happy to go interstate if it helps me achieve my goals and helps me get started on a market thats about to boom rather than booming

What are your goals?

It's good you are open to other states. Lots of Sydney investors here on SS are moving interstate as the numbers don't work out as well in Sydney anymore.

Agree.

You can find quite a bit information on SS. Go to the search tab and try the names of the companys you have listed.

What are your goals?

It's good you are open to other states. Lots of Sydney investors here on SS are moving interstate as the numbers don't work out as well in Sydney anymore.

The numbers just don't stack up in Sydney anymore unless you put a granny flat on something. Issue with that is that the 110k you spend on a granny loses you about 40k cos the bank values them at like 60-70k so capital growth to go again sucks.

Hi ej89,

I use and can recommend Matt from precium.com.au but I think the Sydney market is too hot for his liking at the moment, he has a good understanding of the south coast, parts of the Gold Coast and other large regional centres. Check out his site and see what you think.

I'll have a look thanks mate

Buyers Agents - RPG

Hi

Few things to consider:

- Property investment is a long term and well thought out wealth creation path. Most are happy at buy and hold.

- As your knowledge and risk taking ability increases you can try more active options like small developments / granny flats / subdivisions or reno flip etc.

- It's worth considering why do you need buyers agent and what is the value add you are expecting.

Our personal experience:

- We have been developing our portfolio since past 6 years.

- We have accumulated 9 IP's all bought via Right Property Group RPG.

- Yes we have invested lot of money as buyers agency fees, but we have made steady progress and managed to learn and keep balance between investing and life.

We would certainly recommend them, based on our experience. However, there are few good one around and on this forum also.

Good Luck with you journey.

Strategy: buy interstate for capital growth and rent in Sydney when I get married (hopefully next year around Jan-Feb). Happy for it to cost me up to $100/week on an interest only loan but I will be adding $150/week on top of that to pay off principle while I live at home. I kinda wanna avoid units due to strata but if something isn't high strata then I won't mind if it has good potential for CG. Buy and hold for as long as possible and have a portfolio. I want to avoid all off the plan stuff because it's overpriced, and I don't care about using losses to lower my tax by getting me in a lower bracket. The way I see it is i'm new to investing and want good borrowing power in future so I don't wanna make 78k a year with 30k of losses.

Goals:
Short term: buy 2 properties this year.
Medium term: use the equity in these two properties to buy more next year or in two years. Also need to save enough money to get married in the next 1-1.5 years.
Long term: buy PPOR in Western Sydney, passive income from rent, 10 properties in 10 years (I think it's possible).

I don't wanna go all out and spend 800k. Would rather spend 250-300k on 2 properties.

What I want: A mentor that is experienced and I can talk to and just follow. I would like someone to give me advice on how to pick a good deal because sometimes it's not just a numbers game. I want someone who is actually putting their money where their mouth and talk is.

Where I'm looking:
12km radius of Brisbane. Everton, Chermside, Nundah, Kedron, coorparoo
Outer suburbs: Logan central, beenleigh, redbank plains, redcliffe, toowoomba, springfield lakes

Melbourne: 12km radius on the west side. Sunshine, West Footscray. Also looking far west in Werribee but that would be a very long term hold to get good capital growth.

Sydney: Dharruk, Emerton, North St Marys, Tregear, Whalan, Hebersham, Blacktown (townhouses), Parramatta (units), Marrickville (units).

The numbers just don't stack up in Sydney anymore unless you put a granny flat on something. Issue with that is that the 110k you spend on a granny loses you about 40k cos the bank values them at like 60-70k so capital growth to go again sucks.

that does depend.

it used to be 70 c in the dollar, but is getting a little better as more and more dual stock comes on the market.

Also, you are talking mainly bread and butter stock.

we have done finance for a few grannies in places like Northern beaches and Eastern Burbs where the capital returns are 2 to 1

ta
rolf

that does depend.

it used to be 70 c in the dollar, but is getting a little better as more and more dual stock comes on the market.

Also, you are talking mainly bread and butter stock.

we have done finance for a few grannies in places like Northern beaches and Eastern Burbs where the capital returns are 2 to 1

ta
rolf

Unfortunately I can't afford eastern suburbs and northern haha

One thing to consider when searching yourself or using a BA is that no one can guarantee the growth. Everyone is predicting by looking at markers for growth and just like the weather forecast which is often wrong - this can be good wrong or bad wrong.

A BA can help you make a more confident choice that is tailored to your strategy if they are a good BA.

Back