cost of maintaining a Ferrari?

Rolf Latham said:
Well

I do have a soft spot for Station wagons, you can save a fair bit on inner city short term parking by using loadng zones.

http://www.mercedes.com.au/frames.a...eName=/passengercars/showroom.asp&query=empty

ta
rolf

Actually that is one of the reasons we are getting a Subaru Forester.

Mrs. 147 is sales consultant and needs to get into loading zones and little holes here and there in the CBD. She carries light fitting to show clients etc...

Forester X. = Perfect Urban Vehicle

1. Full wrap around plastic bumpers. No paint to scratch, or dinted by trolleys or idiots who cannot park.

2. AWD handling in the wet. It really does make a difference.

3. High Ride set means you don’t crunch the door every time you open it because of uneven footpaths, kerbs, etc..

4. Low Window Smash Risk from local derros looking for 20c.

Love to have off street parking but here in Surry Hills it costs $1M being $100k for space and $900k for large terrace being the only ones that come with it.

To everyone outside of the Inner CIty this seems silly but where I live you think twice before you take the car out when you have good park space. Very Seinfield :p

Peter 147

PS Goal: New Terrace or High Rise Apartment with two spaces in 2.5years time.

One for Forester, One for Ferrari.

Hi Rolf

WOW :eek:

Makes a Ferrari look positvely frugal.

Just proves inside every sensible investor is a rapid toy collector waiting to bust out.

Peter 147

It's all lost on me - what is it with boats?

Cars at least I understand, even if they don't quite press my lust buttons, but boats? And paticularly that high-topped spatted boot look riviera thing that can almost get to 65 kph?

And as for the non cash costs: "You bought a WHAT?? For HOW MUCH?? Do you think we're MADE of money" (Slam!)

Nah, I don't think I'll even be licking that marshmallow for a while.

Thanx Rolf,
just saved that site to my favorites, a boat over 16m has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. A promise to me is the day I retire the boat will be my gold watch to myself. "473 Mondays to go!" LOL
I am actually sunburnt as I type this post, spent the afternoon having a beer on a yatch, just getting myself accustomed to that life!!

John :)

<KS> said:
Having said all of the above I would be tempted to buy an old bomb and spend the 200k on a kick butt boat :cool:
Tend to agree. It's amazing how many average cars that you see towing boats around. Rarely do you see a Merc or Beamer towing one. Lifestyle choice I guess : do I spend the wad on an average car and decent boat, or do I blow it all on a luxury vehicle ?
<KS> said:
P.P.S - It has Collingwood plates which makes it even cooler (yes, I know I am from Perth but I cant stand the Eagles or the Shockers).
Change those vertical black stripes to royal blue ones and watch the value of your car rise to no end ! :D
Peter 147 said:
To everyone outside of the Inner CIty this seems silly but where I live you think twice before you take the car out when you have good park space. Very Seinfield
Actually, I believe that sort of behaviour is more Costanza than Seinfeld :D

Hey Quiggles,
talk about licking that marshmellow, before I spent this afternoon on the yatch. Remember I mentioned my wife wanted to lick that marshmellow and that I was a sucker to a pretty woman, well I had spent all morning with her looking at cars and out again tomorrow. She licked that marshmellow and now wants it, LOL

John :(

Without much effort, I could store a boat at my coastal property. I'm just not sure why I would...

Puzzled, of Canberra.

PS :p :p :p

Rolf Latham said:
Hi Quiggles

I can see why an ACT person wouldnt have much use out of a big boat, there isnt much water )

ta

rolf

A few laps of Lake Burley Griffin could be fun though.

Does anyone know what the price of one of those boats is? I couldn't find it on the web page. Not that I'd ever buy one, boats don't really do it for me either.

OTOH, I did mention the Ferrari to my wife yesterday just to see what reaction I'd get. :p 'We don't need one of them!! We could buy 2 Mercedes for that price!' This is coming from a Commodore and Pulsar driving family. :p Nothing flash here. I've never really been into cars but it's nice to dream. :rolleyes:

Sultan of Swing said:
OTOH, I did mention the Ferrari to my wife yesterday just to see what reaction I'd get. :p 'We don't need one of them!! We could buy 2 Mercedes for that price!' This is coming from a Commodore and Pulsar driving family. :p Nothing flash here. I've never really been into cars but it's nice to dream. :rolleyes:

What is it about Pulsars in Tassie.

Holidaying in Jan 2001 they are everywhere!

Hum, interesting that all the Wife's who hate the Ferrari idea instantly go for the Mercedes. :confused:

It must be the marketing. Mrs 147 was totally besotted with the C200k Sports Coupe because, drum roll please , it came with a refrigerated glovebox for chocolate storage. :rolleyes:

The Alfa is pure boy car.!!! Yeah!!! :p

Got up early to check some work crews this morning. Nothing better than quick zip around the CBD when everyone else is in bed. ;)

On the way stopped at Coes and bought some pastries and mineral water for wife's brekkie.

Triumphantly opened mineral water for appreciative wife only to have it fizz over me and half the kitchen. :eek:

Wife :rolleyes: and shakes head knowing full well why it was shook up.

Sheepishly, Peter 147 :eek:

Carstuff

Some of these posts are maligning Porches! :mad: Linking Volkswagen to Porsche (while there is some shared early history) is like linking Fiat to Ferrari (doesn't Fiat own Ferrari now?) I'm not knocking Ferraris but I'd rather have a Porsche in my gargage any day- a relaible and usable supercar. :D

I agree with enjoying the wealth that comes with success, whatever one's interests may be (car, boat, travel, philanthropy, family...) but also agree with the "he (or she) is richest whose pleasures are simplest" credo. ;)

Regards,

Fatboy4

<KS> said:
d) I am glad the topic of upkeep came up - the biggest fear of buying one of these monsters in the future for me was wether or not I was buying above my 'station' and could afford to have a nice life and upkeep the car.
Are we talking about ladies or cars?

Pete said:
What are the costs of keeping/maintaining a Ferrari?
My sister's ex had a car worth $450K- I'm not actually sure whether a porsche or a Ferrari :(. But it broke down in country Victoria (the third time it broke up in his first four weeks of ownership). When a car like that breaks down, you don't take it to the local servo- you have to wait until a truick from Melbourne picks up the vehicle and transports it back to be fixed. A major inconvenience.

fatboy4 said:
Some of these posts are maligning Porches! :mad: Linking Volkswagen to Porsche (while there is some shared early history) is like linking Fiat to Ferrari (doesn't Fiat own Ferrari now?) I'm not knocking Ferraris but I'd rather have a Porsche in my gargage any day- a relaible and usable supercar. :D

I agree with enjoying the wealth that comes with success, whatever one's interests may be (car, boat, travel, philanthropy, family...) but also agree with the "he (or she) is richest whose pleasures are simplest" credo. ;)

Regards,

Fatboy4

Hi fatboy

Re the Porsche to VW link was it Fiat or VW that made the Porsche 924 :D

Just ribbing ya. Would be very happy to have an early Model 911 or 356 in the garage. :cool:

Peter 147

Porsche

What's a 924 Pete? :D

Has Porsche ever made a 450k car? Even the new 911 turbo is in the 300's I think. Must have been a lambo! Was there a break up after the break down?

More room in the back of a kombi... :)

fast thread

Just came back to the thread; its moving quickly.

That Merc wagon is no slouch with a blown 5.5L motor putting out 700Nm!

I've still no idea of the owning costs for a Ferrari. But, it doesn't really matter anyway. I'm sure it would be very affordable. ;)

:)

Last edited:
Back