Dept of Defence, anyone had dealings with them???

lol it ain't cheaper then booking hotels and avoids their riffraff.
I would avoid hotels & short term accomodation at all costs in their position too.
If you dont want it pls pm me the details so I can have a squiz at it.

If one of my mates doesnt buy it, ill PM you..fair chance he will snap it up id say...

So the owner of the property is left uninsured.

Yeah good point, i have no idea how that works out, perhaps the Defence Dept have an arrangement with an insurer about that issue as there are often many houses vacant that they own and lease...........

Who knows....... Ive flicked the house to a mate to do his homework on it, its no good to me right now..its a solid return on investment but being locked in for at least another 3 years with a 5 yr option i have no interest in personally in case for any reason i need to unload quickly.........

cheers

Feedback received from the guy handling all of Qlds defence housing leases said there will be little chance of them wanting to pull out of the lease for this property.

He said they are happy for it to stay vacant for 12 mths if required as they use the property on short term occasions for top brass. Usually a two-three month stint per year but it varies.

3 years left on current lease plus an option for another 5 years ive found out...mind blowing if its not being utilized properly.

Damm shame that!

Thats one expensive lease the dept has not been utilizing..

Rent has just gone up to $485 bucks a week so the owner is getting slightly a better deal now..house being used a max of 8 weeks a year last two years..unreal to say the least..rest of the time its vacant but mowed and hedged each fortnight as required...

Typical waste of taxpayers money I will be sure to mention to the Federal member...........

How many others out there in the market like this wasting money one can only ponder..

Damm, damm, damm! a gem im missing out on to live in.....

Just think of how much a better condtion the property would be in after the lease end. Virtually no wear and tear.

Back