Got me free insulation last week

I believe with IPs you only pay the amount over and above the $1000.

So, account is $1,150 and you pay $150 and the installer claims on the government for the $1000. At lease, this is my understanding.

Yes that was the case for my IPs.. tho each of mine come in under $1000 so I didnt have to contribute anything - all supplied and installed free to me :)

:cool: I've done alright this year!! Free $900 stimulus earlier in the year and now free insulation

:)

Excellent stuff if you can get it Kim. Unfortunately because we paid 0% tax and left no money in the tax system we did not qualify for the Krudd money. :(

:cool: I've done alright this year!! Free $900 stimulus earlier in the year and now free insulation

I can't wait til it dies down. This has been the biggest surge of unsolicited phone calls I've ever experienced. I'd say more than 50% of the phone calls to my home now is someone asking me if I'd like to take up the government's insulation offer. GFY.

Yeah have PM's on the job organising my free insulation installation . Thank you Mr Rudd :)

QLD PM rang a few months back and told me they were doing it for our IP, no cost.."Okay, thanks", was the reply ;)

Next payment is for the baby bonus and you've got the trifecta :D

our landlord did it, brought the temperature down significantly
before on a hot day you would come home after being out for half a day and it was like walking into sauna

now it's cooler than outside

Can anyone recommend a good roofing insulation business that is registered on the gov site in western sydney? I have had 2 quotes this week, found one to be too expensive whilst the other is trying to persuade me to get it installed without covering my downlights as this still meets Australian stands for $1200. What BS!

I know, the reason he gave was because my downlights are not halogen they don't produce as much heat therefore the insulation will meet australian standards! Ha Ha!

PLEASE report this person!!! You might save someone's life by reporting him.

I rang the government hotline number on the gov site this afternoon and explained what i was told by this mob, the bloke i spoke to told me that i was given incorrect information which i already knew but he didn't seem to care and didn't take it any further.Go figure.

Excellent stuff if you can get it Kim. Unfortunately because we paid 0% tax and left no money in the tax system we did not qualify for the Krudd money. :(

We also missed out:mad:

More so because we curtailed our declared income to meet the income threshold/cutoff.What the accountant forgot about was that you had to have earned income rather than dividend income:(:mad:.

All these figures you have to manipulate :D

Got my revenge and claimed in excess of $35k in installed insulation on my properties and also the various strata's I am involved in.

Cheers

Yep, we were told the same as Steve.

Half of our house built in 1930s - it has insulation, but because tatty and under 5cm in width, we are getting the new stuff.
No extra charge either.

We've had to wait a few weeks to get them in to do it, though.

Caroline

I wouldn't have thought that insulation would degrade materially enough to consider for it to be replaced?

Back