Holiday in China - any travel tips?

geoffw said:
I once learnt a little Thai. The difference between the same word with different words can be huge.

"Mother" and "Horse" are distinguished using different tones.
Same in Mandarin. Both are "ma".

Also, "buy" and "sell" are both "mai", so you'd need to be very careful when giving instructions to your stock broker. :D

GP

wish-ga said:
Despite the upcoming Beijing Olympic games very little signage in Beijing is in English. Surprisingly, no signage in Shanghai airport is in English (took 1.5 hrs to navigate way - refused to get in taxi!) despite Shanghai being a major international business centre.

....... China is an amazing experience. I hope you create as many wonderful memories as I have. I will never forget being on the Great Wall - ever!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Much obliged. Looking forward to the trip already.

Cheers. :)

Jindaro said:
I went on a Helen Wong tour of Beijing and surrounds about 8 years ago. Back then it was all inclusive, so can't really tell you about the food/ restaurants.

Hi,

I saw your signature notice:

"Architectural draftsperson
Interested property investor
Wannabe developer "

One of my previous school mates became an Architectural draftsperson and after a few years of experience and networking, became a property developer and investor.

He became a multi millionaire in his thirties and has developed a few hundred properties.

There's some inspiration for you. :)

Back