How Do You Exterminate Rats?! No mercy - my excellent tenant wants to leave!

My daughters cat does , no mercy.
He rips the head off , then eats it and then leaves the guts on the bloody doorstep for us.
I dunno if he thinks he's sharing the food with us , bringing his family food , or what, maybe he's just proud of his kill or maybe he's just a dumb cat.
I wish we we could get him out of the habit though, I have to keep a gut scraper beside the damn door.

He gets he's rats from outside all over the place but we had a house with a bad rat problem once.
I bought some good baits and put them everywhere . I left the gaps in walls and stuff open until I got them all because otherwise 1 , some won't get a good feed of it and 2, they could still come and go and that way get out side when they start croaking it and not stay in the walls.
That worked well , we found them all over the place outside . Then I put down a second round of bait 3 weeks later to get anyone left. A few weeks after that we sealed up all the gaps and walls and never even got a mouse after that.
You have to get them good or any left will just breed up again .
Good luck.

Poison is a bad choice.

As said if rats are getting in it's because there's holes in your house. If the holes are behind walls and you have ***** walls then rat might stink your house when it goes die behind some wall. Your tenant will probably leave sooner than you can imagine. Not to mention its corpse will attract some other critter.

If you have no holes, there will be no rats. Or kill them with a rat trap. But there might be a nest meaning you'll need to kill many...

Great suggestions
block holes
use traps
bait
Its true that mice hate steel wool so it's easy to jam it into visible holes

Put any traps on a garbage bag or newspaper to help u wrap and dispose

I thought I couldn't use traps but it's only tge first time . After that u do get used to it and can dispose of them easily and even easier if they r placed on a newspaper or garbage bag.

Throw envelopes of bait even in roofs

keep cupboards closed as some like to hide under clothes.

Reactions: BV
I was just silicolning a hole tis morning and the mouse saw it and tried to make a dash for the hole to get out. He missed it

He spent the next 5 minutes running around before I stomped his eyeballs out

I was just silicolning a hole tis morning and the mouse saw it and tried to make a dash for the hole to get out. He missed it

He spent the next 5 minutes running around before I stomped his eyeballs out

Where do you guys live?
I can't find a mouse even if I tried....
Maybe we need less cats ;)

Look, the thing with rats is you need to get into their head space; get down with them, so to speak. Visit a local garbage dump and appreciate it from their point of view, as food, and warmth, and security. Roll around a little. Now, go back to your rat-infested property and ask yourself, "Why do I, as a rat, want to live just here?" Then, when the answer comes, burn the place to the ground!

Last edited:
Back